Canon T4i / 650D full set up. Ikelite Housing and Strobes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poggus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to sell my current DSLR rig. Since moving from Florida to San Francisco it hasn't seen any use, and with a big trip coming up, I'd like to have something smaller. I originally purchased the setup from a user on Wetpixel in mid 2013. ( http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=50855 ) After the purchase, I added a macro port and a new Canon 100mm lens for a trip I took to Lembeh. I'll try and list everything and include some good photos. If you have any questions at all, or want some specific photos, don't hesitate to reach out.

Album of images: Canon T4i - Album on Imgur

Included are:

Canon T4i (650D) w/charger and two batteries. (8,000 shutter actuations)
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 wide angle lens
Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens
Ikelte T4i Housing (6871.65)
Two Ikelite dual sync cables
Two Ikelite 9" arms
Two Ikelite 6" arms
Six Ikelite ball clamps
Two Ikelite DS160 substrobes w/brand new charger
Ikelite 8" dome port (with port body for Sigma 10-20mm)
Ikelite 5.5" Flat Port (5505.45)

The old strobe charger got a short in it, so I replaced it with the new one you see in the photos.

The only two issues with the setup are: (1) There's a crack in the black part of the 8" dome. You can see the previous owner put some glue in there. It's unsightly, but doesn't affect the operation at all. (2) On the housing, the arm that powers the camera ON/OFF/VIDEO sometimes makes it difficult to get out of the video position. This really only happens at depth (the most annoying place for it to happen). Once you get used to it, you can figure it out, but it can be pain if you switch to video frequently. I'm planning on shipping off the housing to Ikelite this week for a general service, and I'll mention this to them. I want the housing to be in tip-top shape for whoever buys it.

I'd prefer to keep this whole setup together. My asking price right now is $3600. This will include free shipping. I figure it will be a couple hundred bucks packed and insured, but I'll eat that in order to sell the whole package. Also, I'm willing to throw in the bags you see as well. Would probably make the shipping easier anyways. It's a Thinktank Airport Accelerator, a cheapish Amazon camera backpack, and a Caselogic for the camera body. I'll include those for free if someone buys the whole thing. If you need this quickly for a trip, let me know and I can tell Ikelite the timeline for the service. They can even mail it directly to you when finished.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

I finally got the housing back from Ikelite, and they performed a full service with lots of replacement parts. Ready to go diving! $3000 shipped.

Back
Top Bottom