Can't figure out the name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Amber, do these fin are efficient ? I can't help but being a bit skeptical... :)

Those are force fins...which are not overated...unless of course the Canadian 1st Airborne Combat Diving Unit, the US navy seals and the Russian Navy don't read the scubaboard.com fin threads and thus overrate things.

Force fins are phenomenal...i've been diving for 30 years.. 15 years commercial... I've used every type of fin...but when i first tried force fins for 30 minutes....( lent to me by a captain and instructor for the Canadian 1st Airborne Combat Diving unit, who standard issue their divers force fins)...i realized this fin was head and shoulders over anything else ever available.

If you like them, get them. These fins will make you happy. You will also have that weird satisfaction of using a completely superior fin that a lot of people who have never tried them don't like simply because they look funny. And yet they are a completely superior form of underwater human propulsion.

There are those who will tell they are overrated. They are a bizarre innovation. You put them on and it feels like you have nothing on your feet. After a little use and adaptation you are swimming faster, farther and with a ease of movement that if you have been diving for awhile in conventional fins, is indescribable and amazing. No other fin do what force fins do. Split fins are just an adaptation to try and copy the force fin concept...and they are not as good as force fins. And still you feel like you have nothing on your feet !
I completely recommend you buy them. They are simply the best fin ever devised. They unlike other fins...return scuba diving to a type of underwater swimming. You'll never regret it...and it's pretty satisfying to be using something so superior in function..and yet other divers look and say 'what the hell are those?'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom