can't record from DVD player to my TRV38

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yceltikci:
Hello All,

Thanx a lot for your recommendations, you all, guys!... But I'm trying to copy a dvd of my own production. A DVD-R.. I just wanted to have a miniDV copy for myself. That's it...

Do you have any idea about the problem..?

Thanx anyway,

Rgrds.
Yener

When trying to record on the camera from line-in, are you setting the camera into VCR mode?

I'm not familiar with that particular camera, but on my Sony Digital-8 camcorder you have to put it into VCR mode in order for it to be able to record from the LINE-IN or S-Video IN jacks. There also may be a menu setting to enable the LINE-IN/S-Video IN jacks.

MtnDiver:
When trying to record on the camera from line-in, are you setting the camera into VCR mode?

I'm not familiar with that particular camera, but on my Sony Digital-8 camcorder you have to put it into VCR mode in order for it to be able to record from the LINE-IN or S-Video IN jacks. There also may be a menu setting to enable the LINE-IN/S-Video IN jacks.

The cam is in VCR mode, the output is in LCD mode. The only thing I cannot make sure is that the A/V jack is whether in INPUT mode or OUTPUT mode. This is uncontrollable from the menu I think. Anyway the manual does not say anything about it...

rgrds.

Ok, I went to Sony's support website and did a search and found the manual for your camcorder. You can download a copy here

Look on pages 86-87 for complete instructions on recording from a TV or other recorder. Should work fine with a non-commercial DVD also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom