Can't wait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i'm off to roatan on the 21st for a week...
what do you think the water temp will be as well as the vis.
is a shorty 3mil suit good enough, with or without a hood.
this question is kind of weird... i have braces on my teeth and have difficulties in biting down on a reg mouthpiece, i have an AGA mask and was wondering if FFM are frowned upon.

No, they'll just love ya. Instead of an AGA mask you might look into a SeaCure mouthpiece. http://www.seacure1.com/

Next week, the water temp will be 86° and the viz ought to be about 140' on Tuesday but will drop to 120' by Friday... this after a rocky start on Monday with 15' very limited viz.

This kind of thing always happens because when they heard about Daylight Savings Time, they got it all screwed up and it translated as "Spring Up", so you can see how that messes things up.

About that shorty 3 mil.... My daughter asks: Depends on whether he has chicken legs. Remember the use of an AGA Full Face Mask can make your head look freakishly large and thus your legs might appear rather spindly. Something to think about.

Go, have fun. No one can answer those questions.

Currently the water temperature on the southside of Roatan is 79F, perhaps edging down towards 78F.

For the most part, it is still raining and overcast. I doubt that the water temperature will increase significantly between now and the 21st of March, 2009.

Vis will range from 15' to 80+' depending on where you are diving, the amount of rain and sun light.

Plan on wearing a hood.

If a FFM is what you are comfortable with, I personally wouldn't worry about what other people think.

:cool2:

Water temps according to my computer on almost every dive last week were 77. I wore a 3 mil with beanie for most dives and a 5 mil with a beanie on night dives. I was comfortable in both configurations. I did one dive in the 5 mil without the beanie (I forgot it in the gear locker) and I was ok with that too. Depends on how toasty you like to be.
Vis will vary - we had a fair amount of rain when we were there Feb 21-28 so vis was not so great in some areas but good in others. Still beats 10-25 foot vis in the local quarries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom