Cape Canaveral wreck diving March 1st and 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys-
Just as an FYI, the LESLIE is approximately 20 nm from the port entrance (as the crow flies), the DAMOCLES and OCEAN VENUS are about 16 nm, and the LAERTES is about 13nm. Visibility on these wrecks is highly variable, but typically not great; awesome visibility on these wrecks would be anything better than 30 feet. I would expect the vis to be minimal this time of year, FWIW.
Just offering this as a heads-up. They are big, cool wrecks, and I wouldn't want you to get turned off diving these due to the conditions you are likely to experience this time of year...
Cheers,
Mike

Brother this crew here would dive in a mud puddle with 0 viz if it registered on the dive computer. 30 Feet of vis would be outstanding.
By the way Narcosis I'm gonna check with the warden to see how she feels about me doing this one. If she gives me the go ahead I will let you know. Yes I'm whooped and I know it.:wink:

It would be great to have you along, Kev.

Only condition would be that you aren't aloud to talk to any of the restaurant staff if we stop anywhere to eat - Think bennigan's :D:D J/K

Climate wise...early March is usually pretty crappy out there...you would be best to wait till May

Joe

I love to go in May...price is right. I live here so I can get much better room rates for y'all I'll help you here...Oh Hell...book me for March. This has been an unusual winter. For air and any other dive services use the "Fishing & Diving Center' They are experts in the waters off Cape Canaveral

Joe

Looks like you are full. I posted but it didn't show up. I sent you a PM though. I'm in on it.
Ken

Both days
1.Narcosis
2.Loudafish
3.Frogman 5
4.Git-R-Dun Diver
5.CO Tampa
6.Cudachaser

Saturday or Sunday - If all 2 day slots aren't filled or someone backs out.
1.Nereus - Saturday

Now lets just hope the weather holds out. I don't mind 30 foot vis, but I do mind 4 foot seas!?

Also, from what AUE_Mike is saying the wrecks may be twice as far off-shore as I had read so gas expenses may be a little more than first thought.

It can't be that bad. He signed up for the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom