Cape Town macro from the weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Stuff from the weekend - 50mm macro

Cape long-legged spider crab. Awkward to photograph - they "fill the frame" but don't !!!
Any ideas on tackling this?

3463851668_450d2e6e42.jpg

3463034785_aaae7f760d.jpg

3463852696_dc03be3d65.jpg

3463853110_a7f59077bc.jpg

Andrew,

Excellent pictures well done!!!

I think the quality of the long-legged spider crab shot will not be compromised if you (mentally) shift the focus to a smaller part of the body and then compose with that in mind. So in the case of your example above, if you were to get closer (if possible) and exclude the extremities of the secondary legs with a vertical composure, but keeping the head and pincers in the image, that might get you more detail on some parts whilst compromising on the "bigger picture" (which you could take anyway as a part of the process).

Where do you dive in CPT ? I am from Cape Town but have been overseas for 13 years and would like to dive CPT sometime.

Beautiful nudibranch by the way ...

Best Regards

Richard

Like this?

I dive wherever I can get in, if you look at my photostream on Flickr I have geotagged most of my recent stuff. Just click on the word "map" underneath the photo.

3465624030_38c88666f2.jpg

Very nice Andy. The Rhinophore shot is impressive. Great detail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom