Cape Vincent in a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markfm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Oh illustrious gurus (or was that gnus :)
Is CV doable in a wetsuit with core warmer this time of year? I know they cert the truly demented (urr, college students), were up there last weekend.

(Not asking for myself, since I went for a drysuit. Trying to figure out if another newbie, who isn't DS, might deal with it OK. For overall environment, CV is about as benign an OW dive spot as you can get, it seems, other than it's brisk still.)

Mucho gracias!

This is one of those questions that can only really be answered by the end user. I would say that I wouldn't even advise them to consider it, but some people have a natural way of warding off the cold.

I wouldn't even consider it if the water temp is under 50*F. I'm fine in a 2pc 5mm in anything above 50*F, but I now dive dry as well so it's a moot point.

What's the water temp out there?

46+ at the A Bay buoy, a couple degrees warmer than when the students were doing their certs last Sunday.
Anyhow, my partner in crime wants to go for it. I'll have the hot drinks, no problem thumbing it if it's not enjoyable, talked to the guys at the LDS to get their read on it.

Brr.. chances are you'll be fine for 30 minutes or so.. be sure you thumb it well before you start shivering, and even earlier if it's cool out.

Sanity reigned -- looking like absolute crud tomorrow, combined with having more caution than your average college student needing to finish certs during classes :) Trying to see if anyone with a drysuit iwants to head out on Sunday (looks like a good afternoon).

Back
Top Bottom