Capitancillo: Cebu’s new ocean leisure spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DonCebu

Contributor
Reaction score
Capitancillo: Cebu’s new ocean leisure spot

Diving destination
The islet can be reached from four jump-off points in Bogo City, 101 kilometers from Cebu City and a three-hour travel by bus. These are Polambato Port (45-minute boat ride), Nailon Wharf (30-minute), Marangog Cove (15 to 20-minute) and Odlot Hideaway (15 to 20-minute).

Rental for a pumpboat that can accommodate at most 15 people is from P1,000 to P2,000.

Capitancillo is a haven for divers. It has three dive sites—Ormoc Shoal, Nuñez Shoal and its own southwest wall. The sites have shallow reef tops at 33 feet leading to drop-offs with soft corals, gorgonian sea fans, caves and black corals.

Its many caves, overhangs and different fish varieties interest divers and tourists.

“Capitancillo is filled with rich and valuable coastal and marine resources. Thus, it was declared a marine sanctuary and diving destination noting its potentials,” Tan says.

Diving is also a steal. Although there is no diving operator, three certified divers collect only P100 each for foreign clients and P50 for locals.

Day huts can be rented at P200 for whole-day use.

Still, only 906 tourists—a good mix of Koreans, Japanese, Americans, Chinese, Germans, Russians and Filipinos—visited in 2010. This is only a fraction of what the municipality hopes to achieve, considering the wealth of wonders under the sea.

I would be interested in going up there with some tanks to check it out. Let me know if anyone else is interested.

Yeah, that place looks awesome. I just learned about Sumilon Bluewater Resort and Alegre Beach resort and now considering after going to Bohol.

Very interesting. As a dive destination what can we expect to see?

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Yup the article was very non specific about what you see.
I'll do a little googling and post anything interesting i find here

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Years ago I was passing by Capitancillo and I did one dive there. Much of the area was vertical walls as described in the quote 2 posts above, and I saw a manta ray.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom