Car seat cover suggestions for "wet" driving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes but then we'd have to help design a change room.

Good towel skills can solve that. :) I typically wear thin light weight moisture wicking boxer briefs under whatever I'm diving in. Patting with a towel leaves them essentially dry. Throw on a pair of shorts over them, no need for a changing room, and off I go. Pretty much dry as a bone.

I thought CD Clocks is a woman.

Sorry, I didn't check. Still, the same technique can be applied. Especially with a two piece bathing suit. Heck, an oversized t-shirt can be your changing room. My woman makes good use of this technique.

CD Clocks, you did understand that I don't recommend putting the floor mats on the seats, right? That was merely intended as a humorous story of something that happened.

LOL. Yes. I got it. Cheapo floor mats might not be so bad since they're essentially just carpet pieces, but eww. LOL No. The good floor mats all have spikes like golf shoes! Nope. Not something I'd put on my car seat. ;-)

I actually ordered a "middle of the road" option. Rather than actual neoprene, I found a multi-layered car seat meant to protect seats from pets (scratches, fur, dirt, etc.). ...and it's waterproof. ...though depending on how comfortable it actually is, I may drape a large towel over that, too. We'll see how effective it is after it arrives. :)

Yes. I'm female. Thanks for noticing. LOL Actually, that's part of the problem. The gym I go to is brand new with an awesome pool, great workout rooms, and a terribly designed tiny locker room. (The designer had obviously never been on a swim team or expected 30 women to leave the pool at one time. Neither modesty nor personal space were considerations. LOL) Frankly, it's easier just to dry off as much as possible, then drive home for a shower. ...but I don't want to soak my seat and end up with a wet rear end when I drive again in a few hours. ;-) ...hence, the multi layer seat cover that can easily be flipped over the back to dry if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom