Carib Dancer trip report November 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the trip report Ranger. Sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience but it's not surprising really. But on the bright side I'm sure company management will do the right thing and will offer you a $100 voucher toward your next trip with them bringing down the cost of the "adventure" to only $900. What a bargin. :shakehead:

---------- Post Merged at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:08 AM ----------

In fact, some of the reviews were complimentary about how they took care of their passengers even though they probably suffered great financial loss from losing a boat and the revenue in already booked charters.

That's because some companies are a class act no matter what. Others..........not so much.

Excerpt From the Carib Dancer Captain and Land Manager Trip Report Prior to this Thread:

Guest: We had one guest this week that was a pain to everyone, especially other guests. He used foul language and made degrading comments about people in general. No one on the vessel wanted to be around him. He was just loud and unconcerned about others enjoyment. It was brought to his attention but it only slowed down a little. Other guests did comment about him and were ready to get off the vessel for some peace and quiet. He was very inconsiderate to other guests.

Half the group disembarked the boat while taking on fuel at Paradise Island on Friday afternoon and checked into a hotel on the island. They did not participate in the Farewell Cocktail Party on Friday night all because of the previous mentioned guest.

The guy left zero tips...and having said that, he bragged to everyone, yes bragged, to crew as well as guests, that he never tips crew on these boats...not a single cent. There will be no good news coming from this passenger at all.

So many of the comments made here by ranger375 are not only rude but not correct. Examples: Mattress's were purchased new in April 2012 and put on the yacht before leaving dry dock. These were purchased in Florida from a very well known company that supplies mattresses for many of the cruise ships that sail from the Florida ports. The dive deck is not chipped and painted, it is all teak and beautiful. You can see photos on the Dancer Fleet web site. The camera table was completely redone with new carpet on top with the Dancer Fleet logo. The upholstery on the sun deck lounges is all new and not worn. There are no metal stools on the sun deck, stools in the bar area are made of snow white marine grade starboard. The Hot Tub comment again not correct, this hot tub is the same size used on all other yachts. We could go on about the inaccurate accounts of information that ranger375 has made.

While we respect everybody's right to free speech and share their opinions, we are extremely disappointed that ranger375 chose not to present himself to us and work with our team to explain his concerns either while onboard or after the charter.

We would never want to take away from any posted comments, nor to debate the validity of any statements. This is why we have not ever replied to any posted comments, good or bad.

Wayne B. Brown
CEO

And here I was thinking they didn't allow themselves to be drug into these types of threads. :confused:

While we respect everybody's right to free speech and share their opinions, we are extremely disappointed that ranger375 chose not to present himself to us and work with our team to explain his concerns either while onboard or after the charter.

We did write a very respectful letter and got nothing.

We did write a very respectful letter and got nothing.

Liar! Liar! You were offered a $100 voucher. My god people, what more do you want! :)

I'd be curious to see some of the pictures that the OP claims he took. Those should tell us a lot about how accurate his trip report was.

I'd be curious to see some of the pictures that the OP claims he took. Those should tell us a lot about how accurate his trip report was.

True, but this thread is a great example of the unforeseen consequences of the Aggressor management team's mismanagement of the original Carib Disaster trip of a few months ago.

Think about it. If Aggressor had done the right thing by all the victims of that trip we would be looking at this thread with a suspicious eye. However, given the Aggressor company has established an undisputed reputation for shoddy treatment of poorly treated guests they can hardly be surprised when the poor reports that follow are simply taken at face value.

Put it another way - the OP didn't damage the Aggressor name. Aggressor management did.

m.

Last time I was on the Belize Aggressor they had just installed new mattresses. After they compress you can feel the wood underneath. Just saying they are thin and I don't blame the Aggressor Fleet for this issue as it is the constriction of the mattress.

they can hardly be surprised when the poor reports that follow are simply taken at face value.

Put it another way - the OP didn't damage the Aggressor name. Aggressor management did.

m.

If I remember right, the captain makes a trip report and will post it at the end of the week. Back when the original July trip was reported on here and documented all the problems with pictures as well, it was clear that trip had all sorts of problems and was what most folks would consider a real disaster for a liveaboard trip. Yet you read the "Captain's Log" and no mention of any problems are to be found. But they want you to go to the website and look at all the beautiful pictures of the Carib Dancer to get the "real picture". Maybe part of the reason folks are inclined to take these posted reports at face value is because the picture the company paints of these trips are so vastly different than what people are reporting. I know who I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom