Caribbean Dive Vacation With Two 21 Y.o. Non-divers In June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanuts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all. I am posting this for a friend. He wants to take a dive vacation in June 2016 for two certified divers (him and son, both good divers) and two 21 y.o, daughter and friend non-divers.
Ideally, this would be in a good dive Caribbean destination and resort that can also entertain two 21 y.o. non-diver girls.

Any suggestions? Thank you! :)

San Pedro or Placencia, Belize with

There are a lot of options on Grand Cayman to satisfy the desires of both divers and non-divers. Let me know if you want more specific suggestions.

Define "entertain".

There are all different volumes and flavors of "entertainment".

I would get them SCUBA certified. If not, pick their own vacations.

"Good SCUBA Diving" (an oft repeated criteria for selecting a vacation here on ScubaBoard) is not co-located with any up-scale entertainment choices.

Do these 2 21 year old female non divers prefer to...

1.) Hang at the beach a lot?
2.) Shop a lot?
3.) Do rainforest tours, see Mayan ruins that look like pyramids amidst the jungle, etc...?
4.) ATV group rides?
5.) Horseback riding?
6.) Bicycle or horseback riding trips?
7.) Snorkel?
8.) Spend time at bars?
9.) Will they go off on their own & entertain themselves, or do the rest of you have to take time out of your dive vacation to babysit and entertain them?
10.) Are they 'get out and explore the island' types, or do they like all-inclusive resorts that have shows, activities, etc...?

If we get an idea of their preferred leisure pursuits, that might help narrow down your choices.

Richard.

Probably want to sunbathe at beach and/ or pool.

Have you looked into Cozumel? Also Roatan has some nice resorts. I stayed at Anthoney's Key Resort which is more geared for divers. I took my non-diving GF there for a week and without diving, a few snorkle trips, we had a blast on the island.

Cancun... the ladies will find more parties than will make Dad happy, and the diving is very good.

Let me suggest instead of the Caribbean, come to Jupiter, FL. The diving is amazing and if you are into sharks and U/W photography it is a must trip. The girls can hang at the luxury resort at Harbourside Marina and enjoy the pool or the beach is a short distance away. The total package price for hotel, 3 tank dive each day that includes lunch and your tanks is only $395.00 pp per day. ($160 Less if the girls don't dive) An added bonus is no need to leave the country. Also the girls may enjoy coming on the boat with us one day to see the sharks from the surface. If you would like more details just let me know. Not trying to talk you out of the caribbean but just give you another option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom