carombola gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i've read about the carombola gardens........and how you can hike up to the summit (summit of what exactly i'm not sure.......small mountain??dormant volcano??).....anyway i get the idea you'll see lots of pretty trees/vegetation, etc and some native creatures along the way. should i wear a hiking type boot, or are regular athletic shoes just fine for this hike?? if a more hiking type boot is preferable, i'll wear them to the airport to save weight in my checked luggage for other stuff. any other recommendations for great things to see?

All that we wore at the botanical garden was a good pair of sandals. There are lots of well maintained trails that are easy to walk. The summit is actually more of a height of land, but it's a beautiful view of the reef and Anthony Key resort.

Agreed - I wouldn't suggest flipflops but good hiking sandals or tennies would be fine.

I don't know if I'd call it a must do, but the Butterfly gardens aren't bad. They're very inexpensive ($6 i think) and it's a walkable distance from West End - just past the gas station/bank. When you walk back into West End, Sundowners will be right there and if you time it right, happy hour will be just starting, and that is a must do.

When you walk back into West End, Sundowners will be right there and if you time it right, happy hour will be just starting, and that is a must do.

I LIKE the way you think :D:rofl3::D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom