Question Carribbean in October- island options top side and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phuertas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are looking for a relaxing vacation in October to celebrate our anniversary. Want some nice topside activities as well as great diving. We’ve love the Caymans but want to try something new and have been to Cozumel, Puerto Rico already. I’m thinking of St Lucia but what are some other options. Thanks in advance! C

Granada and Roatan are on my list.

Key West and Carolina again soon.

Bonaire and Caymans are off my list. Barbados, Ive done already twice. Ill go to CZ anytime I get a good singles deal.

we tried st lucia once. was extremely laid back. but it was enjoyable. seeing the pitons from the dive boat is pretty spectacular.

maybe consider st maarten. lots of extra activities to do there. endless beaches and food opportunities. diving is pretty good as well. always see lots of life. sharks, turtles, rays etc

curacao was nice as well. outside the hurricane belt so no worries there. we had a laid back trip there. shore diving was awesome.

puerto plata dominican has mediocre diving but lots to do. beautiful country side.

Utica, Routan, Belize could be places to consider.

The Turks and Caicos could be decent too.

Turks has great diving, nice beaches, and a decent bit to do topside. Diving is around $200 for 2 tanks where we dive with.

You may want to seriously consider Bonaire or Curacao as they are both well south of the typical / normal hurricane belt. October can be a rough month in the Caribbean.

Turks has great diving, nice beaches, and a decent bit to do topside. Diving is around $200 for 2 tanks where we dive with.
Ouch!
x2 of us puts Turks way out of my price range. :-( My budget does not have an extra $400 (+tip) per day for diving.

Full stop

October, diving in the Caribe/Bahamas.

What could possibly go wrong? Statistically the single riskiest month for Storms.

@NW Dive Dawg: add Roatan to that very short list

+1 on Curacao, Nice diving, lots of shore dives if you prefer your own schedule. Lots to do top side. Below the belt on hurricanes, but get insurance any way, if your passing thru Miami and it gets hammered...

Beach dives there are from real beaches with soft white sand. Many have on site dive ops so no need to lug tanks around. Also many of them have concession stands, chairs etc, snack bars, some have full restaurants.
PC230197.JPG

Back
Top Bottom