Carry on only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's possible... one bag... even with a 3mm.

IMG_4826.jpg
IMG_4820.jpg

Dry bag doubles as carry on (meets 9" x 14" x 22" size limits)
Apex soft plate doubles as backpack straps.

Inside:
  • ScubaPro Titanium Regs.
  • 3mm full wetsuit.
  • Expedition weight boots.
  • VDH 22# wing with ScubaPro Air2.
  • Two cam straps.
  • Hollis F2 fins.
  • Mask and back-up mask.
  • Two Big Blue lights, batteries, and charger.
  • SMB.
  • Suunto Favor computer (back-up) (ScubaPro Chromis on wrist).
  • Wrist mounted compass.

Weighs in at 17 lbs.

K

I just came across 'Akona Globetrotter' in another thread, did a search and yep, it's now added to my Amazon list. will definitely be getting it. I found one video of it on YouTube and it definitely seem like it will allow me to carry on my entire gear.

I use an Opel Omega (Cadillac Catera) station wagon that has been upgraded to carry 750Kg of load (including full gas tank, driver and the dive gear I take along for a weeks cavediving) and it's hard to keep the weight within limits. If the Bauer Junior II has to go along, I'm definately overweight.
If I had to fly to where I go diving, it would be cheaper to buy a DHC-8 Dash 8, than pay the overweight charges.
Michael

Ah yes, just checking things out for a 'friend', wink wink! :)

Bloody h**l no!

I despise flying, as many of the folks here know. The long walk through O’Hare, being squished in a small seat with the unwashed masses, and being tenderly loved by TSA.

I just dropped a big chunk on a charter package for the season for my local boat(s), so I’m not flying anywhere anytime soon. I’m even driving 13 hours each way for ITT in the Great White North in August.

Back
Top Bottom