Carter Lift Bag - ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here's and easy one . . .

Does Carter put any kind of identification on its lift bags such as the bag's capacity, the Carter trade name, etc ???

the K

The Kraken:
Does Carter put any kind of identification on its lift bags such as the bag's capacity, the Carter trade name, etc ???

Carter normally writes the product identification number on the seam band at the bottom of the bag with a black permanent marker. They also typically pur a glue-bound round tag with the Carter Bag Company name somewhere on the bag. However, Carter is a small family business and their methods are, well, a little "home grown" if you know what I mean. It is entirely possible that they would produce product with no markings at all. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

Thanks, Phil.
Next question - are their bags the dayglo yellow or are they more of a golden yellow?

I have several Carters. The newer ones have the logo and the older ones don't. All have CB100, CB200, etc written on the seam in black magic marker and the color varies from a rather pale and normal yellow to a more golden, very slightly orangish yellow, but no day glow yellow colors.

I guess you're wondering about the rather insignificant questions . . .
I just purchased a Carter 100# lift bag on the internet and it doesn't look anything like the illustrations/clip art pics I've seen in any of the advertisements.

Instead of being triangular in shape, it's square.

I'm wondering if I've been given an inferior substitute.

the K

My CB-100's and CB-200's are all basically square with just some 45's on the bottom corners. They don't look at all like the pictures you see on the internet.

My bags (from Leisure Pro) are yellow (really LOUD yellow) with red lettering. We bought the 100lb bags. The bags are shaped in a triangle style. They work for us.

SMB's are a different story. I believe the two 9 footers (Carters?) are lemon lime. The SMB's are rated at 90lb lift capacity. We use the red/orange for standard marking and the lemon/lime for emergencies. NEVER HAD TO USE ONE YET!! Whew....hope we never have to either. Always keep 50 bar.

Back
Top Bottom