Casa del sol vs Posada vs Coconut tree cabins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apejic

New
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I finally booked my flight to Roatan and made my mind to do diving with Coconut tree guys but i need your help for accommodation. I've got three options and since i never been there I would really appreciate if you could share your opinion.Options are :

1)Casa del sol
2)Posada Las Orquideas
3)Coconut tree cabins

Any prons and cons for staying at any of those places?

Thanks
Alex

Thanks a lot SoSiouxme.
Going there begining of January. Would really appreciate your experience.

I'm going there at the beginning of January too and was told the Coconut tree cabins are full, so unless you have a reservaton already, or someone gave me some wrong info (entirely possible) you may have to look elsewhere. I've stayed at the cabins before, they're okay. You get a discount if you're diving everyday with the dive op, so that helps.

I was in touch with Cocount guys beginning of this week and they didn't mention anything like they're fully booked in January or at least not from 4th of January for 7 days. You may wanna try contact them again and double check.Since you've been there already and i've still thinking between Posada and Coconut tree cabins is there any difference in your opinion? When are you going there? Since i'm of to Costa Rica after Roatan any suggestion maybe for some diving there?

I agree, Posada is good. Las Orquideas has a nice dock on mangrove bite- a great place to sit and enjoy the breeze, whereas Arco Iris is across the road from the beach- either would be a good choice.

i can only speak for my experince with coconut tree -

if you want clean, close and cold a/c - coconut tree will work. I had no complaints - but i am pretty easy. It could be considered rustic, but definately suited all of my needs (hot shower, a/c, clean, and perfect location). The hammock on the deck was a nice feature - but dont forget bug spray!

You could throw a stone to the dive shop from the cabins. It really is THAT close.

You are going to love Roatan, and diving with coconut tree! I promise.

I'm going there at the beginning of January too and was told the Coconut tree cabins are full,

Coconut Tree Cabins do have avalibility for the week beginning 4th January. I apologise if you were told otherwise Mattboy. Please let me know if I can book this for you or you'd like to know avaliabilty of different dates

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom