Trip Report Casa Mexicana and restaurants info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I nearly decided to skip doing a report this time because so much would be 'more of the same' - but a few items of interest.

We had room 204 at Casa Mexicana this time, and after havingstayed in room 501 previously it felt like a big let down. It felt smaller and the view wasn't as cool. However, in mid-July it's very hot and this room was in the northwest corner - meaning it was pretty well insulated from the heat unless we pulled the curtains open, so it stayed pretty cool. 501 might have been a few feet bigger, but we didn't notice it after a day. We both felt the staff went out of their way to help however they could. I wish I knew the name of the guy who greeted us when we arrived - he knew our names without asking when we arrived and as we were leaving. Wish I had that kind of memory. Wait staff is stellar. There was one day housekeeping forgot to leave us towels, but they arrived 5 minutes after I called the front desk.

Guido's helpful hint. If it's really hot don't bother going back to the hostess station to get a table. Plant yourself in the very front where there's A/C! We went twice. The first night we sat outside it was fine, but the second time (we met Mark @mcohen1021 and his lovely wife Treva - ) for dinner and it was really too warm for me outside.

La Cocay - also, the coolest place is in the very front. Food there was great again. I got the burger and it was pretty awesome - good steak fries with some sort of seasoning.

Now it's back to regular eating ... and no diving ... gotta work to support my habit.

I wish I knew the name of the guy who greeted us when we arrived - he knew our names without asking when we arrived and as we were leaving. Wish I had that kind of memory.
He had you at a bit of a disadvantage. He saw your names on the list of people checking in that day. :D

....to skip doing a report ...
You've just perfected your formula for a great vacation with good diving, good hotel, & good food !!
But little things are still funny.....So what was the best 'Balloon Head" you saw stumbling down the street??

.So what was the best 'Balloon Head" you saw stumbling down the street??
What's a Balloon Head? (I wonder how many I saw?) :)

What's a Balloon Head? (I wonder how many I saw?) :)
LOL,,,So many infront of Casa Mexicana

balloon head.jpg

The guy greeting you was Gustavo. He’s great😃

Guido's helpful hint. If it's really hot don't bother going back to the hostess station to get a table. Plant yourself in the very front where there's A/C! We went twice. The first night we sat outside it was fine, but the second time (we met Mark @mcohen1021 and his lovely wife Treva - ) for dinner and it was really too warm for me outside.

That was fun, great to meet you guys! I am still processing my videos from the reef. I am really not happy with the quality of the GoPro9. Not sure what I will do going forward.

Back
Top Bottom