Catalina Express for the Harbor Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Kirstin. Haven't seen you two out here in a long while.

Actually there may be fewer boats coming out that weekend due to the problems in the Long Beach basin. They are currently running only from the Queen Mary (and San Pedro). I'd make reservations early just in case.

Things have been a bit slow on the island this winter. Chalk that up to the rains and poor dive conditions earlier, and the snow in the mountains (skiing is an option for some divers).

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Hi Kirstin. Haven't seen you two out here in a long while.

Actually there may be fewer boats coming out that weekend due to the problems in the Long Beach basin. They are currently running only from the Queen Mary (and San Pedro). I'd make reservations early just in case.

Things have been a bit slow on the island this winter. Chalk that up to the rains and poor dive conditions earlier, and the snow in the mountains (skiing is an option for some divers).

Dr. Bill
Am coming out there on Wednesday - is there any way to confirm what boats are running before i take a taxi to long beach?

Well, you could call them...

800-481-3470

mccabejc:
Well, you could call them...

800-481-3470

Thank you. I guess it pays to check into this place once in a while. They told me I'm going from the Queen Mary. Boy would i have been an unhappy camper if i got to Long Beach and found I had to get another taxi.

Thanks Dr. Bill.

Got my boat Friday Night...last boat.

Though unfortunately, Scott and I are not together anymore...So it will be me and a new buddy.

See you next week.

wall2wallanimals:
Thanks Dr. Bill.

Got my boat Friday Night...last boat.

Though unfortunately, Scott and I are not together anymore...So it will be me and a new buddy.

See you next week.
I am so excited. I am heading over with a friend on Friday at 2:30 out of Dana Point and staying on the island until Sunday 11:30.

Bill, ya wanna meet up on Friday evening or Saturday evening? I am hoping to see some of this footage you're always editing. *batting eyelashes*

Last year, it was beautiful the weekend before and the weekend after the clean-up. All the rain this weekend means it will be gorgeous next weekend!

Of course, we all still need to pray to the diving gods....:diver:

L

Laurel- Would be happy to show either "Munching & Mating..." or the Guadalupe great white sharks if there's a group that is interested. I just saw Jill Boivin and Tom Turney today. They were preparing for the cleanup so we had a good chance to talk. I told them I'd donate 2-4 DVD's to the cause.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Laurel- Would be happy to show either "Munching & Mating..." or the Guadalupe great white sharks if there's a group that is interested. I just saw Jill Boivin and Tom Turney today. They were preparing for the cleanup so we had a good chance to talk. I told them I'd donate 2-4 DVD's to the cause.

Dr. Bill

Which coems first? Munching or mating? Does munching sometimes happen during mating?

Oh the possiblities with this line.... *batting eyelashes some more*

L

Munching and Mating- the two most important functions of any species!

Vis was 40-50 ft in the Dive Park today according to three different divers I spoke with. I stayed topside to soak up the sun... er, rain.

Dr. Bill

Back
Top Bottom