Catalina fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey, everyone..

Just got back from a conference in LA, and was able get in a few days diving on Catalina Island with my new dry suit! Fantastic dive site... put up a few of my photos at: http://homepage.mac.com/mikerothschild/SCUBA/PhotoAlbum217.html

Anyway, attached are two photos (very poor shots, with major lighting problems, etc..) in which I couldn't ID the fish (tried the Audobon books and fishbase.org...).

Can I get a little help?

Thanks!

Mike

Just PM'ed you Mike. The first appears to be a female rock wrasse (very similar to a senorita as they are both wrasses, but the dark spots would not be found on a senorita). The second is a halfmoon, sometimes referred to as a Catalina blue perch (even though it is in the sea chub family along with the opaleye).

Hi DoctorMike,
Thank you for the really beautiful photo tour of the dive park. Your images of the kelp and light were especially evocative....lovely.

The fish-face close ups had me laughing and filling in speech bubbles. Wetrat just dubbed the garibaldis "Little orange New Yorkers with gills".... so I enjoyed the photos of the bubble-blowing guests from N.Y. going reg to snout with our little resident N.Y.ers! You all looked like you had fun.

Dontcha just love diving dry???

Thanks again for the pictures. Hope you get to come back and visit again soon.
Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
Hi DoctorMike,
Thank you for the really beautiful photo tour of the dive park. Your images of the kelp and light were especially evocative....lovely.

The fish-face close ups had me laughing and filling in speech bubbles. Wetrat just dubbed the garibaldis "Little orange New Yorkers with gills".... so I enjoyed the photos of the bubble-blowing guests from N.Y. going reg to snout with our little resident N.Y.ers! You all looked like you had fun.

Dontcha just love diving dry???

Thanks again for the pictures. Hope you get to come back and visit again soon.
Claudette

Hey, thanks everyone... SCUBABoard is the greatest community, lots to learn, lots of great people...!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom