Cathedral Rocks 7/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Quick dive report.

Got out on Cat Rock with JohnL, Gurumasta, and 2 others for some dives. Nice to see we were the only ones there besides 2 more divers from Michigan. Got up there at low tide and the entry/exit was a slight challenge. The seas were flat though so it was a perfect day. Diving in a big group was no problem in the 15-30' vis!! We had plans to split up into smaller groups if need be, but everyone stayed together without a problem. I brought my camera which immediately fogged. Of course because I've been dying to get a shot of a lump fish sure enough I saw a decent sized one. Also great anemones, but no keeper lobster. I got one that was really close and crushed another trying to pry it from under a rock - some of them are still really soft! Didnt seem to be a lot though, many shorts with one arm in the 30' range to the left side. So the water temps kept us from doing a 3rd dive. I was COLD diving wet without the hooded vest! At one point I saw 44F at 29fsw...:11:

Dive 1 - 59fsw 39min 48F - average depth 32fsw
Dive 2 - 55fsw 49min 50F - average depth 27fsw

Awesome way to spend the 4th with a great bunch of guys! Looking forward to Sunday! (Wetherill)

We saw a big lumpfish yesterday also. First one I've seen. A big male sitting on eggs. We were boat diving. Sure wish we had a camera...

that was pretty nasty when you crushed that lobsters head. Looked like it would have been tasty... oh well. That was some nice diving

Bretagus:
that was pretty nasty when you crushed that lobsters head. Looked like it would have been tasty... oh well. That was some nice diving

Ah! I couldnt remember your screen name!

Well, that bug was a definite short anyway and you cant surface with dead ones like that...even if they are still twitching a little.:D That sure was a first for me!

gurumasta:

.....steal your face right off your head....:14:

I saw two lumpfish at Pebble a few weeks ago. I didn't know the male guards the eggs, though.

LobstaMan

In your opinions which has the more difficult entry, Cathedral Rocks or Castle Rocks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom