Cavern certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fox-Cousteau

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Keith and I just finished our Cavern Class today! We are Cavern Certified! We dove the Ballroom, the Ear and the Eye today. We were at Turkey Roost! For me it was dives 150, 151 and 152!

Thanks RED for putting up with two wild and crazy guys!

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Now I'll warn you. The cave monster lives inside those caverns . . . Spend too much time there, and you will be lost. Doubles, cave class, scooter, stages . . . It's inevitable :)

OUTSTANDING!!!
:cheers:

Congratulations! I thoroughly enjoyed my cavern class when I took it a couple of months ago. As TS&M said, it's addictive. I already have plans to do Intro to Cave (after I spend the winter practicing skills) after the first of the year. Running a cavern reel in 5mm glove ought to prove interesting, if not challenging.

Congrats! Welcome to the addiction!

Keith and I just finished our Cavern Class today! We are Cavern Certified! We dove the Ballroom, the Ear and the Eye today. We were at Turkey Roost! For me it was dives 150, 151 and 152!

Thanks RED for putting up with two wild and crazy guys!

Many thanks to RED for putting up with us. We learned a lot and had a lot of fun too. Looking forward to Intro to Cave, but please clean the lenses on your spare mask, I couldn't see a thing.:rofl3:

Congrats Allen, you didn't post how cold it was. Yes, it does get cold in FL! expecially with our "thin" blood.

It was so cold, Allen knitted a sweater at the secondary tie off.:rofl3: Air temp was in the low 40's which is way too cold for this Floridian. The water temp felt like a hot spring.

Thanks again Red. Excellent instruction.

Keith - Cavern certified.:reaper:

Air temp was in the low 40's which is way too cold for this Floridian. The water temp felt like a hot spring.

Thanks again Red. Excellent instruction. Keith - Cavern certified.

IT was definitely too Cccccc Oooo Oooo Llll Ddddd for this transplanted New Orleanian :cold: (The air not the H2O).

So for those who are interested (and those who don't really care but need something to do) Here is our report:

Got up Way toooooo early and drove 3 hours to Ginnie. Checked in and headed over to the Ball room where we had a class review by Red. Geared up and entered the water. You never could have convinced me before Wednesday, that Ginnie would feel warm on entry, but that day it did. We spent 51 min. under water, doing "S-drills", running lines, bumping into each other (Keith) into the cavern (Fox-C, multiple times :loopy:, so many my head looks like a mountian range :rofl3: ). Then Red pulled out one of his spair masks and we did that well know BOW skill of removing and clearing our mask. Funny thing someone had put tape on the inside of that mask. :anonymous: :rofl3: This is what I looked like trying to find the main line :pong:

Finally, Red figured we weren't "going to die" and we did our third dive in the Ear (by the way, Keith did a great job tying off and running the line) and the Eye!

I'm looking forward to the new and exciting undersea world of cavern!

OH, One thing I don't understand...:confused: Why did RED keep saying to us,
"Slience . . . I KILL YOU!" :rofl3:

Congratulations! I ended up doing Cavern AND Intro to Cave with Mike O'Leary in Luraville in three days, just in time to get out of the water 18 hours before my flight back home. Boy was it cold on Oct 29!

OH, One thing I don't understand...:confused: Why did RED keep saying to us,
"Slience . . . I KILL YOU!" :rofl3:

ROFLMAO! My daughter and I use that line on each other all the time!

Congrats, too!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom