Cavern Dive Reports from 6-28-8 to Present

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on your full cave, bugman! What's up with hole in the wall and decaying animals- yuck. Not to hijak the thread but I'll put in my little trip report from the weekend.

After 6 weeks of cave deprivation I got to Jackson Blue on Friday night to get a dive in with my instructor. She had a pennypue's full cave and Denisegg's cavern/intro class going since Thursday and had just finished up with them for the day but she waited in the water for me to gear up and hop in for a 47 min dive. We did the horseshoe circuit. I definitely felt rusty in the sidemount which I still consider a new setup for me.

Saturday morning I did a dive with my buddy Ernest, Aletheia and Penny. Can't remember where we went but it was somewhere past the chimney for 59 min. Denisegg and her classmate jumped in and we went on a 35 min dive for some lost line drill shenanigans. Switched out tanks and was back in the water with Penny and Aletheia to do the horseshoe circuit again- 56 more min in the water. Glen and Josh snapped a picture as they went by and I didn't realise who it was till they said hello afterwards.

Ate some Zaxby's under the pavilion and then both classes got in and we did more lost line drills and air shares. My tanks weren't full so I took a stage and Ernest and I took off on our own and went through a nice little sidemount tunnel and some fossil hunting beyond the 2nd breakdown. By the end of the hour and a half dive I had a lengthy deco and we sat there at the mouth of the cave shivering by the end of the dive. One of the dives I took the camera to take some pictures. Talk about distracting! Glad I've waited this long to use a camera in a cave.

We all got some pizza for dinner, the students took their tests at the hotel, we looked at the pictures which were surprisingly good despite one of the strobes not working. They had Old Mexico the previous night otherwise we would've ran into Mat's crew there.

Sunday was graduation day! We did one more of Penny's dives then Denise and her classmate did their final dive. I got to play Ed Jackson by darting around all over the place taking pictures. Some came out alright, some didn't. It was still fun. In the cavern Ernest and I ballroom danced and then played spiderman on the walls and ceiling. Penny snapped some pictures, I'm hoping they came out.

After everybody else left Denise and I did her first post certificaiton cave dive but I'll let her tell you about that one if she wants to. :)

Gazillions of mediocre pictures here:

Stasia Burroughs's Photos - JB 9-7-08 | Facebook
Stasia Burroughs's Photos - JB 9-7-08 #2 | Facebook
Stasia Burroughs's Photos - JB 9-7-08 #3 | Facebook
Stasia Burroughs's Photos - JB 9-7-08 last one | Facebook

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cave-diving/251927-congrats-pennypue-denisegg.html#post3815703

double post.. oops.

I agree with scubastud, show us all the pictures!

Great pics cmu! :D

Thanks, so where are Glen's and Josh's?

Nevermind I found it- Glen you took some gorgeous shots!

Some of the best shots were Josh's...have to give him credit. The ShangraLa underwater shots are all his. My camera fogged up inside when I hit the water for that dive. Got it fixed after the dive, so was able to take some above water shots of that site. We have to plan another trip soon. You and Mat can do the full cave stuff, and Josh and I will do the cavern and stick our head in any hole we can find exploration.

Thanks, so where are Glen's and Josh's?

Nevermind I found it- Glen you took some gorgeous shots!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom