Cavern dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backwoodsdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Which of the FL springs have the best cavern dives? I've done Ginnie, Madison Blue, and Alexander Springs. They were all good but I'm looking to try something different.

Thanks,
Randy :cheers:

Gads , I think you will get quite a few responces...I think everyone has their Favorite place. I liked Paradise and Devil's Den too...
Ginnie of course and Blue Springs down in Orange City...

But I know the others here can give you a much LARGER list !!!!

I know I forgot Vortex etc...etc...etc... (the list goes on !!!)

Jean

Backwoodsdiver:
Which of the FL springs have the best cavern dives? I've done Ginnie, Madison Blue, and Alexander Springs. They were all good but I'm looking to try something different.

Thanks,
Randy :cheers:
Are you cavern certified or doing OW safe caverns?

If youre certified, Id say Peacock, Orange Grove, Madison Blue.

Morrison is still my favorite cavern - but I've only been in some of the "OW safe caverns"(Vortex, Morrison, Cypress, Ginnie, Blue Grotto, and Devils Den). :)

I like Paradise Springs about the best. I absolutely loved the cavern section of Upper Orange Grove but it was way too tempting to keep on swimming further in. The Ballroom at Ginnie has some really cool swimthroughs, some resident catfish, and a lot of area to play & practice in. Give me a shout if you are in the area & want to dive Alexander Springs again, I am about 30 minutes away.

yup... basically what everybody has said:

1. Paradise Springs
2. Peacock
3. Orange Grove Sink (at Peacock)
4. Blue Spring
5. Manatee Spring (Catfish Hotel)
6. Devil's Ear
7. Devils Eye (not as good as the rest)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom