Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, finally sat down and edited some of the photos from the last couple of days. Brand new camera rig this trip, so we are still working out the settings. Hopefully even better photos in the future, but I am pretty happy with dives 1 and 2 so far. The big news that we heard on the flight over came from Gay Morse, former manager of Pirate's Point for many years. She and Ed have retired from Pirate's Point and have opened a new cafe and retail spot just west of the airport named the Seahorse Cafe. But that wasn't the big news. She said since the Covid shutdown, they have been seeing a lot more sharks on the north side, all up and down the wall. Instead of just seeing maybe 1-2 per week down near Jackson's, it is nearly every day at many of the sites up and down the north side. I got to see that for myself today on an Afternoon dive at Donna's Delight. My buddy and I saw at least 2 different reef sharks and possibly a 3rd. The first was about 3-3.5' long, and the other was in the 4-5' range. And unlike the past when the sharks would immediately bail when the divers showed up, these two swam right through the middle of us and the larger one pretty much did a loop around me before heading back out down the wall. Then there was the free swimming green moray, and a cow fish with a remora. Odd day for sure... Alright, enough talk, this is a picture thread after all.

Day 1, Grundy's Gardens on South Side
Barracuda on Sand.jpg

Many Tarpon.jpg

Fingerprint Cyphoma.jpg

Spotted Drum.jpg

Yellow Stingray.jpg

Cayman Brac Alien Ray
Got back from some afternoon shore diving with my dive buddy Dave Lowther and he sent me this picture from one of his morning dives. I just keep seeing a long beaked Alien every time I look at it. Photo credit Dave Lowther.
View attachment 768034
Very unique angle - cool shot!

Very unique angle - cool shot!
I thought so too. Eagle rays seemed to be plentiful this trip. My usual experience with them is that they are shy and move away from divers, but this was not the case this trip as they swam right next to us and around us very boldly. It was an amazing week to say the least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom