Cayucos / Morro Bay buddy / DM April 5-8?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wnissen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy, I will be in town Tuesday-Friday, April 5th-8th. Is anyone interested in doing some shore diving? I'm willing to pay a DM up to $200 for private tours. I'll bring all my own gear, including tanks and weights. Most of my dives have been kelp dives, though my ears are janky. Or if there's a boat I would love to hear about it. Not interested in diving the Spectre out of Ventura, that's too early to get up on vacation. Thanks in advance!

Hey, I’d be interested in joining you. I love about an hour away, but have been curious about diving up there. I have my own gear, just need to get my tank filled, and will pitch in for a DM or boat.

Howdy, I will be in town Tuesday-Friday, April 5th-8th. Is anyone interested in doing some shore diving? I'm willing to pay a DM up to $200 for private tours. I'll bring all my own gear, including tanks and weights. Most of my dives have been kelp dives, though my ears are janky. Or if there's a boat I would love to hear about it. Not interested in diving the Spectre out of Ventura, that's too early to get up on vacation. Thanks in advance!
I've been out with Shawn on his boat. You will have a good time.
Welcome to SloDivers

I've been out with Shawn on his boat. You will have a good time.
Welcome to SloDivers
Thanks, glad to hear a positive report. Still not sure I am willing to shell out $600 for a one-day charter, but much more likely to now. Have you done any shore diving or have a dive shop to recommend? Thanks.

Thanks, glad to hear a positive report. Still not sure I am willing to shell out $600 for a one-day charter, but much more likely to now. Have you done any shore diving or have a dive shop to recommend? Thanks.
Wow, when I dove with him it was $80 per person. There were 3 of us.
I did a shore dive at Shell Beach with the owner of the Pismo Dive Shop. I don't think he's in business anymore. The visibility was terrible that day.
Check with Slo Ocean Currents in San Luis Obispo. They do shore dives at Target Rock in Morro Bay.

Wow, when I dove with him it was $80 per person. There were 3 of us.
I did a shore dive at Shell Beach with the owner of the Pismo Dive Shop. I don't think he's in business anymore. The visibility was terrible that day.
Check with Slo Ocean Currents in San Luis Obispo. They do shore dives at Target Rock in Morro Bay.
I called and Shawn isn't going out right now because of weather. Trying SLO Currents, thanks!

Was able to book with Anthony at SLO currents for a shore dive, $100 for two tanks. Will let you know how it goes!

Set your expectations low and you will have a great time. I dive there all the time and you just need to prepared for 5' - 10' visibility. Anthony knows this area very well, so I think he will get you into the best diving conditions possible. Wish I could join you, but weekdays are tough. Hope you enjoy your diving here.

Set your expectations low and you will have a great time. I dive there all the time and you just need to prepared for 5' - 10' visibility. Anthony knows this area very well, so I think he will get you into the best diving conditions possible. Wish I could join you, but weekdays are tough. Hope you enjoy your diving here.
Thanks, I should be OK as long as I can see the tips of my fins! Anything less than that, I'll thumb it. The tide is basically supposed to come in all day, so I guess that's good. I always check tides before diving, but in Monterey usually it doesn't matter much. I can see that would not be the case in a shallow channel! Always good to get a local expert in a new location.

Back
Top Bottom