CBD Cannibinoid and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So three questions:
1) Have others tried CBD oil, gummy candies, lollipops, whatever type, to alleviate muscle soreness after lugging heavy diving gear for the promised anti inflammatory relief for muscles and joints?
2) does this supplement have any side effects of any kind on diving while below water?
3) Are CBD supplements ok to take traveling or am I going to end up locked up abroad, for my CBD sour watermelon gummies?

The legality is questionable even in the US. You may not be prosecuted in your home state, but ditto Killerflyingbugs above... I'd be very careful about traveling with any of those products, especially overseas where the penalties can be significantly higher (and permanent in some cases).

DEA guidance is clear: Cannabidiol is illegal and always has been

Best regards,
DDM

I wouldn't travel with them unless I know it's 100% legal were ever you go.

Unless you are smuggling, don't go anywhere with them since having any type of weed is a federal crime everywhere in the US. State laws mean nothing if one gets snagged by the Feds.

Bob

I'll answer part one. Yes, it works for sore muscles. Really well. I have a replacement steel clavicle and my shoulder hurts like crazy after a day of hauling doubles up and down the hill at Dutch Springs. THC is absolutely marvelous at relieving the ache/pain AFTER diving. I would never try it it before getting in the water.

So three questions:
1) Have others tried CBD oil, gummy candies, lollipops, whatever type, to alleviate muscle soreness after lugging heavy diving gear for the promised anti inflammatory relief for muscles and joints?

Ha ah, nice idea. It might be better and easier and cheaper to take lots of exercise and prevent pain that way. Alternatively pay a DMT or similar to help with your gear.

Nice excuse but better take ibuprofen.
My understanding is that CBD has none of the intoxication effects of THC.

Nice excuse but better take ibuprofen.
I know a woman who abused ibuprofen, her kidneys failed and she died waiting for a transplant. I alternate, Alleve, ibuprofen, aspirin, and i am adding CBD candy as an alternate. Thanks @tridacna for that review.
I am not taking any chances traveling with it. Thanks @Duke Dive Medicine for that article. Last question about diving while taking oils, i will have to figure out how just the non-intoxicating CBD oil does affect me even if, as @J322Y said, it does not have THC in it. I shall eat CBD sour gummy watermelon candies and test for pain relief, my reflexes and my cognitive abilities and report back soon. I do have a bio degree, so i think i can design a good experiment with controls. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom