CCR Checklists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too religiously use my checklists-and they continue to prove their value-catch things! I do become the center of dive boat humor-no one else uses one and the thought seems odd to them.

I too religiously use my checklists-and they continue to prove their value-catch things! I do become the center of dive boat humor-no one else uses one and the thought seems odd to them.

Personally, I would rather have other divers looking at my use of a checklist as humorous or odd, if the trade-off is not having to deal with the ramifications that could potentially result from complacency or from a simple oversight prior to my dive. Fortunately, there are quite a few rebreather divers in this area that were trained by Mark, so the use of checklists is altogether not an uncommon site and is not viewed as odd.

Same here, I was taught to use the check list by my instructor and will continue to do so. At the end of the day it's there to make sure you didn't missed a step when putting you RB together and that everything is in good working order, small price to pay for a small piece of mind.

Al

Thanks for the video, it reinforces pretty what I said about pre- and post dive procedures for the PRISM. As Terry Tysall is certified as an instructor, I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

Save for one, all the PRISM divers I've been diving with have been using the check lists. I wonder if it has to do with the PRISM's lack of digital handsets where you push buttons to to your checks.

As far as the boat humor goes, don't worry. It's kind of an occupational therapy for the ignorant. I miss most of it because I'm still diving while they have time to spare waiting in line to get their big tanks filled. :D

This is the checklist we made for the rEvo, during our course:
Pre-dive:
1. Fill and analyze gas in bottles.
2. Check integrity of all valves in the breathing hose (inhale/exhale/mouthpiece)
3. Pack scrubbers.
4. Negative test for 2 mins.
5. Pressurize the system, check pressure and all buttons (inflator, manual O2/dil buttons)
6. Check function of CMF-valve.
7. Check cells. Flood loop 4 times with O2, release OP (if any), see if cells need calibration (calibrate if needed).
8. Breathe the loop for 5mins, ensuring that PO2 is constant (nose closed).
9. Chut off valves and ready for transport.

Before dive:
1. Negative pressure test.
2. Pressurize and check spgs.
3. Check that PO2 of loop is breathable (gages)
4. Breathe the loop for 5 mins, check that PO2 remains constant (nose closed).

I´m not going to memorize this list, I´ll use a paper-version for all test to help me keep focused, it also serves as a "hint" to other divers that it´s not a good time to ask questions or distract me (I´m still new so I need to focus and think about what I´m doing)...

Back
Top Bottom