Celebrities who dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure what you really mean here...

There is diving but not certified , like doing the resort thing for kicks, or just diving on the sly.

There is getting certified and actually diving with some regularity. (I mean diving often, not a bowel comentary)

Then there are the many that get certified but never carry on with the sport. Yes I said sport, not activity or pastime though you can call whatever you do whatever you want.

Pete

almitywife:
i think we need to debate (or poll) the term "dives" against "certified"

i would be more inclined to say that Steve Martin (or any other stuart cove inductee) is certified rather than they dive :wink:

what i mean is those that go to a resort, do the OW course and are "certified" but they dont go back into the water or only dive every 5 or so years... or worse, the "celebraties" that do the course with the cameras or photographers nearby and never dive after the cameras are gone

these people i dont classify as "divers" but resort tourists with a c-card

would you want to be buddy'd with them??? not me

They are a scary crowd, celebrity or not.

almitywife:
what i mean is those that go to a resort, do the OW course and are "certified" but they dont go back into the water or only dive every 5 or so years... or worse, the "celebraties" that do the course with the cameras or photographers nearby and never dive after the cameras are gone

these people i dont classify as "divers" but resort tourists with a c-card

almitywife:
what i mean is those that go to a resort, do the OW course and are "certified" but they don't go back into the water or only dive every 5 or so years... or worse, the "celebrities" that do the course with the cameras or photographers nearby and never dive after the cameras are gone

these people i don't classify as "divers" but resort tourists with a c-card

Well the ones that we have dove with were pretty good divers. Some book the boat for themselves others dive on a regular charter - no big deal and no paparazzi (except the Osborne boy - they used that for the show)

Craig Ferguson the talk show host, and he used to be the boss on the Drew Carey show. He says he likes to dive fairly often on his show.

Lauren Hutton was on our dive boat last summer.

Patrick Stewart
Brian May (Queen guitarist) and his actress wife Anita Dobson
Meatloaf
David Jason
Emma Thompson
Greg Wise
Hulk Hogan
Kim Basinger

Bill Murray

saw him getting his open water in Malaysia.

Back
Top Bottom