Celebrities who dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi:
I guided Frederick Forsythe (Day of the Jackal, 4th Protocol) in Phuket, Thailand

I was not working that day, but we also had Peter Benchley (Jaws author) on our dive boat to fo to one of the southern islands to see the whale sharks.

I did a scuba review for Ewan MacGregor's wife and then guided the pair of them in Langkawi, while he was shooting Rogue Trader.

I had Leonardo DiCaprio and "friend" on my boat while they were filming The Beach. Leo does not dive but his freind did.

Do you think these people's dentists, housekeepers, etc., are dishing about them and the services they purchased on the internet? Where are your professional ethics?

I know a guy who owns a dive shop in Beverly Hills. He posts on rec.scuba regularly. He's made a point of NOT doing that sort of dishing because his famous customers value discretion.

You are fortunate not to teach in the USA. Educational privacy laws here are stopping schools from posting honor rolls. As in instructor, you are offering educational services, and hence, what goes on in your classes is like someone's transcript.

Last year in St. John, we chartered a Nauti Nymph boat and the captain told us that John Travolta had been there a week previously diving in the same spot. I can't remember exactly, but it may have been near Little St. James. On the way in, we spotted Mohammed Ali's daughter's wedding party on Honeymoon Beach, but I can't say for sure if any of them dive or snorkel. They occupied about half of the Westin Resort during our stay in July of 2003 and I saw many of them going in and out of the Cruz Bay Watersports shop on the resort.

I was only a snorkerler then. :(

chiara:
A few months ago there was a discussion about famous people who are known to be divers.

I'm a big ER fan: in season 9 (we're getting at the end of it, basically we're one year behind) there is an episode where Dr. Carter goes diving to some Caribean destination and is forced to come back because Abby's (Maura Tierney) brother goes missing.

Is Noah Wyle a real diver?

I sure would be thrilled should I meet him on a boat! :)

My instructor said she trained some of the ER cast a year or two ago. Dunno if Wyle was one of 'em...

Jean-Claude Van Damm was on my boat in Coz several years ago, and everybody was nice enough not to acknowledge his 'celeb' status.

Emo's a diver??? that's great!

(Now thinking about pulling out Works Vol.1 and cranking Pirates!)

Buoyant1:
Emo's a diver??? that's great!

(Now thinking about pulling out Works Vol.1 and cranking Pirates!)

Yup...I remember even seeing a photo of him, accompanying a bio, obviously just come out of the water, dripping wet, in a wetsuit vest and that trademark huge dive watch. I think I read somewhere that he started diving sometime between Brain Salad Surgery and Works. :)

That time he spent in Nassau in the late '70s/early '80s musta had something to do with it.

(Btw, I'm rather partial to early ELP myself (Tarkus, Trilogy, etc.). I literally taught myself how to play keyboard by playing along with those albums as a teen. :) )

cheers

Billy S.

I remember her talking about this awhile ago... but Nicole Kidman is a diver too.....

I read an article a year or so ago where Brian Transeau (bt) mentioned one of his songs was inspired by watching a storm from underwater. I didn't make the connection until I saw him at my dive shop a month or so ago. He was taking a CPR course.

All of the members of the dead dive but it is Billy Kreutzman who is the avid diver and has been for years. He turned Jerry and the band onto it in the late 80s, but Bill has been diving for decades. After Jerry died Bill moved out to HI where he laid low for a long time, apparently diving frequently.

There was a great photo in Rolling stone of Jerry sticking his finger out at a mory eel and the caption read "don't worry, it's a strumming finger, not a frettin'".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom