Celebrity Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheScubaLady:
That is no rumor - he was in Saba diving at the same time I was two years ago and last year his (other yacht) was in Tahiti where he was also diving.

I've heard he has FOUR in the 300-400 foot range, all equipped to dive.

Paul Allens boat Tattosh was docked in Bonaire for the week that I was there last year. It stood out just a little...

fabasard:
Yeah, I heard he was a real horses @$$.
Actually I have met Shatner and dove with him. While I don't know him well I found him to be really funny and rather self-deprecating. I will say that he does not suffer fools gladly and gets tired of having to be “Kirk” and “on” all the time. But I suspect that most people would feel the same way.

mike_s:
Tiger Wood is also a TRIMIX Diver.

There was an article in some yacht magazine a year or two back talking about it. His boat "Privacy" has Tri-Mix capabilies and a portable recompression chamber. They talked about him liking do to deep dives also.

Sounds like a shelter to let him deal the the stresses of golf with hyperbaric therapy. Does the PGA allow that? :no

I worked on a feature called Poseidon as a stunt woman. I got the job because I'm certified. A friend of mine worked water safety as well. I saw this thread, so I asked her about the stars who were certified on the film and this was her reply.....

The Actors - no. (Kurt Russell, Richard Dreyfuss, and Mia Maestro already were certified).About 75% of the water stunt people were, and I certified the rest. We trained all of them to use a reg, kind of a mini scuba class, without the BC stuff and the stuff they wouldn't need. You can have uncertified people on scuba provided they are under the direct supervision of a certified instructor.

calscubagirl:
I worked on a feature called Poseidon...
That's one bad movie... :shakehead

Was Richard Dreyfuss certified for the movie Jaws maybe?

Back
Top Bottom