Centerville, Arkansas??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have traveled several times past what appears to be a natural quarry type pond to the east of Centerville (Hyw 7 & Hwy 154 north of Hot Springs and south of Russellville) on the north side of Hwy. 154 and just west of the Pette Jean State Park. The body of water with its rock walls and rock island appears deep and clear. It sits right off the roadside with in view and a barbed wire fence appears to have been breached more than once. I have gone over the fence and viewed the water only wishing I had my gear along!! Has anyone of you locals dove this before....it looks very much worthy of a dip...??????

Sounds like an awesome spot! I'll watch this thread to see if anyone has more info on it! Have you tried Google Earth to find the GPS of it? Or get some GPS coords of it when you were there?

Looking on Google Earth, is this it????: 35° 07'00 N 93° 07'57 W Looks like a quarry!

Chris

This is in my buddy's back yard. I have asked him to speak to the owner to see if I could dive it but so far no answer. He told me that some kids had stole a 18 wheeler tractor and strip it and dumped it in the Quarry. Maybe one day he will let me dive it

Back
Top Bottom