Certifications...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am certified SSI and NAUI. Thats just the way things worked out.

I have been told it really doesn't matter until you get to the DiveMaster and higher levels of training. Then it may be an advantage to have certification by more than one agency.

PS. hey are you trying for the most posts ever in one month???

Yes, I am! I guess my enthusiasm is showing by my post count.

9.59 posts per day, so at this rate I'll be a "big gunner" with over 1000 posts in about 104 days...

On the positive side... I'll bet there's few people who are not certified and who have never been diving that know more about the sport than me! Hey, if I have a question... I ask it. (Obviously!)

:)

Originally posted by Murdock325
Yes, I am! I guess my enthusiasm is showing by my post count.

9.59 posts per day, so at this rate I'll be a "big gunner" with over 1000 posts in about 104 days...

On the positive side... I'll bet there's few people who are not certified and who have never been diving that know more about the sport than me! Hey, if I have a question... I ask it. (Obviously!)

:)

It's great to see your enthusiasm!
I'm sure your questions have helped a lot of people. Sometimes we don't think to ask something till someone else does. then we go "Oh yeah, what about that??":wink:

Like already mentioned here-The initial Cert dosent really matter at all. Have one or twenty- it will be the same. When getting to the proffesional levels (i.e-Divemaster and up) it begins to matter- for example- An SSI instructor/Divemaster may work only for an SSI dealer (i.e shop, boat,club,etc.). A PADI profesional may work for whomever he wants to (and will accept him), and actualy, instructors may teach frrely on their own without contact with any shop.

As for the acceptability of the certs- Everyone accepts everyone's cert's. There's no problem on this part.

:whip: Experience is everything. If you want to be a better diver, find someone with lots of experience and dive with them. Ask lots of questions and be alert while diving. Next time you are diving, take along a light and stay in one area and just look around. Explore the whole reef, every inch. It will probably turn out to be one of your best dives!

Deep Sea

All the major dive agencies are pretty much the same. So it's not nessissary to have certs form differant agencies. The only differance is in the professional standings, If you want to work anywhere around the world.

Mind you if you are certified by an agencie that isn't very well knowen around the world you may have some difficulties finding a shop that well let you dive.
:yellow:

Back
Top Bottom