Certified but haven't gone diving in years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pimelodous

Reaction score
I'm going to be traveling in Thailand in a couple of weeks and plan on doing some diving. My concern is I haven't dove in many years. Is there a refresher course I can take or should I just go on a dive and let the DM know and have him walk me through doing the tables and things like that. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
Your local SSI dealer has a program just for you called the "Scuba Skills Update" program.

All the Agencies PADI, NAUI, SSI and the rest have a refresher course, any LDS can do it for you.

Do the refresher course before you go, dont waist dive time on your holiday doing skills in a pool or working on bouancy when you could be diving.

Do you still have your certification card you will not be doing any diving without it? If not you will have to go hunting for it with the agency you did your certification with those many years ago.

Sydney has it right. If you have the chance, visit a local PADI centre and do a pool and theory refresher before you come to Thailand. Then you're ready for some great diving.

After a long period away from diving, it's essential to refresh your skills, and then do a couple of easy dives before trying anything more advanced. If you have an Open Water certification, then you may wish to get some more supervised training and do an Advanced Open Water course where you're instructor can guide you on deep, wreck, night, navigation dives and more!

Happy Travels.

Diving in Thailand

Back
Top Bottom