Certified! Now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like you have been given good advice. The only suggestion that I have is that unless you can rent gear that is designed for a woman and fits her well, you may want to purchase some gear, at least for her. My wife and I have been certified for 13 years. I got my gear right away as I wanted my own stuff ( and I really like toys :D). I also gently persuaded her to dive by buying her a womans BC and a really good female wetsuit. Up here in Canada the water can be cool (not only for seeing wooden shipwrecks in the Great Lakes but also for temperature). If she has gear that fits her well and she stays warm her confidence will increase and her enjoyment of diving will improve.

Be advised, eventually SHE will be begging YOU to go diving. AND she has bought ME a few pieces of gear! At least that is how it works at my house. Life is rough! :D

Thanks Beowolf and JM, good advise. We aren't looking to go in the ocean anytime soon by ourselves either, I guess I'll stay in the springs in Florida until we're more comfortable. I'm like you JM, I like toys, so I ordered just about everything except tanks for the both of us. I have been on a website of all the springs that allow diving in Florida and am going to start hitting them... Again thanks for the advise.

I agree - just get some diving going! it's all good experience. Amy's Amoray has some good deals in Key Largo. West Palm is supposed to be good. then there's the whole Caribbean. Cozumel is a good one once you're comfortable with your buoyancy (and drift diving - it's actually pretty easy and the DM's always go with you - unlike in the Keys)

Just Dive ~

That is exactly what we have been doing... We have been going to the springs in Florida practicing buoyancy and other skills. We have gone as far down as 50 feet.

That sounds great! Don't forget to practice some of your emergency procedures, too, like oral inflation and gas sharing.

Just Go Diving and get some fun Dives in , and if you need some dive buddies you can find more at www.divebuddy.com tell them prodive sent you on the sign up page its free , i have a lot of ladies
as dive buddy's ask them to add you to there buddy list , they would be great buddy's for you and your wife also

Thanks Prodive, I am a member of DiveBuddy, haven't been on there much lately . Thinks we're going to hit Troy Springs the first week in December if not Ginnie. We're going on a cruise the 23rd of January and plan on diving in the Grand Cayman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom