Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wyno

Contributor
Reaction score
Over the weekend me and the family was certified! None of use had any problems going through are required skills. My SAC rate is not very good, but I’m going to start exercising with the wife to get that down. I think the Kids did very well. I have a 12 year old and a 10 year old, they really enjoyed going to the lake and swimming with the fish.

The first day we did a cove called school house cove and visibility was about 10ft and the second day we did mooring ball cove and visibility was maybe 4ft but we still enjoyed it. We are all hooked and looking forward to continuing to learn more. With the 10 year old we can only go to 40 ft, even though there is nothing to keep us from going further, but I’m sticking with our training and not going beyond what is recommended for our training. I hear that is the number one reason for injuries.

Now I have to go to the expense of buying four of everything.

Congradulations, welcome to our world.

Chad

And welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy your newfound hobby....:dazzle:

Hello and welcome to diving....you will soon find it is an expensive sport. Most people i know recommend you buy your regs first. i disagree with that idea and here is why. The biggest negative comment i hear from divers that rent their gear is....when i got in trouble...i couldnt find my (whatever)...

Buy your bcd first. Just about everything gets hooked to that. KNOW what you have hooked where so if you need it fast..you are familiar with where it is. Then, buy your other gear slowly if necessary. Im sure some will disagree..thats cool, but for me, knowing where everything is in a pinch can be a lifesaving point.

Try your best to find a shop that will let you try out the gear before you buy it. We have a shop in our town that has its own pool and they let you try out just about anything you want to buy before committing the big bucks. I spent a solid day in the pool testing different bcd's before buying my last one.

good luck!!

Rich, I agree with you and have already bought our BC’s. They are back inflate and I like them a lot, they seem to give you more room up front and don’t seem to restrict your movement like a jacket style. I bought them about half way through our pool sessions. Now it’s on to regulators and computers.

Wyno

Congrates on getting through your certification... Its all down hill from here you know....well it is for your wallet!

Pleased you've joined the underwater world and also ScubaBoard!!! Look forward to seeing your wandering round the forum! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom