Cerulean Ky. MDA Treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silverfish

Reaction score
This thread may seem redundant,however I wanted people to see the location at a glance. Here is a copy of some info that will run in the local paper on the event. I have heard from some people in the Lexington area that are looking for possible buddies.I hope anyone who is interested will reply to this thread and I will be happy to share directions from I-65 to anyone and/or answer any questions I can. We dive Cerulean alot here.

If you are certified scuba diver looking for an excuse to put your gear and talent to good use I have just the ticket for you. Well, actually you'll have to get your own ticket same as me. The third annual MDA TREASURE HUNTsponsored by Innerspace Scuba, is Saturday August 3,2002. It is at Dive Cerulean in Cerulean Ky. There will be lots of great "treasure " to be found all of which are donated by our local dive shop as well as other sponsors including some big name manufacturers. Prizes will be on display at the dive site and you claim your "booty" by finding numbered tags that have been hidden in the compass course at the quarry. The predive briefing is at 12:00 noon and the hunt begins at 1:00 p.m. All divers must have a buddy, full tank of air, pressure gauge, BC and at least one depth gauge per team. All divers are recalled at the end of one hour and you MUST check out with no less than 500 psi to remain qualified for prizes. At 2:30 there is a blind draw to award any undiscovered treasures and everyone entered in the dive is eligible. So, you could win an additional prize or have a second chance to win if you don't find a tag while your hunting. Air fills and primitive camping are available at Cerulean. Lodging is available nearby for anyone who wants to make a weekend of it. Pre-registration is only $20.00 , after July 30,2002 it is $30.00. You can pre-register at Innerspace Scuba located behind the new post office just off Vanderbilt Court. Innerspace Scuba is a full service dive shop,so if you need to rent gear or have your tank inspected and/or filled that's no problem. The shop owner Teresa Appleby is also a PADI certified instructor o The folks at Innerspace will be happy to help with directions to the dive site or other questions you may have. You can reach them at 270-745-7233 if no answer leave a message and I'm sure someone will return your call as soon as possible. If you are already certified here's your chance to do something nice for MDA and yourself.

3rd ANNUAL MDA TREASURE HUNT
Saturday, August 3rd, 2002
Sponsored by: Innerspace SCUBA & Blue Meridian Dive Center

DIVE IN FOR A GREAT TIME!

PRIZES DONATED BY: DIVE SHOPS, INSTRUCTORS, SCUBA
MANUFACTURES AND/OR DISTRIBUTORS. THESE WILL BE ON DISPLAY
WITH THE NAMES OF THE CONTRIBUTORS LISTED.

PLACE: DIVE CERULEAN, THE TREASURE HUNT WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE
COMPASS COURSE AREA ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE QUARRY
TIME: 12 NOON..PRE-DIVE BRIEFING
1PM HUNT BEGINS
2:30PM .. BLIND DRAWING BEGINS
*PLEASE NOTE ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A MEAL TICKET AT
CHECK-IN FOR LUNCH THAT DAY.
EVENT: Underwater search with buddy for numbered tags (1 per person)

RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. A valid certification card must be presented upon registration. If the card has no photo, another photo ID
may be requested.
II. Required equipment: Full tank of air, pressure gauge, BC, (at least one depth gauge required), no
homemade, out-of-date or unsafe equipment allowed. Recommended: A buddy line
III. All divers must search with a buddy. Anyone found separated from his/her buddy will be disqualified.
IV. The hunt ends when (a) each member of the buddy team recovers one item, or (b) tank pressure in either
buddy’s tank reaches 500PSI, or (c) all divers are recalled at the end of one hour. Any diver checked out of
the water with less than 500 PSI in his tank will forfeit item.
V. Any participant deemed unfit or unsafe to dive may be disqualified at the discretion of the Dive
Coordinator.
VI. All divers must attend the pre-dive briefing at noon.
VII. Diver (and parent/guardian where necessary) must sign liability release.
VIII. Violation of any of the above rules will result in disqualification the diver (and possibly the buddy)
Primitive camping is available for $7.00 per person, per night. Please bring cooking
water. air fills on site.

PLEASE CUT ALONG LINE AND RETURN TO: Blue Meridian Dive Center, 6000 KY 81, Owensboro, KY 42301

Name______________________
Address______________________________________
Phone____-_____-____
City____________State___Zip________

MDA Treasure Hunt entry fee $________enclosed. Make check payable to: MDA
Divers preregistration.....$20.00, After 7/30/2002.....$30.00
PROCEEDS GO TO MDA..THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
BLUE MERIDIAN DIVE CENTER, 6000 KY 81, OWENSBORO, KY 42301 PHONE (270) 685-3198
Trina heres the form, don't know what it will look like if you print it.

Heres what I put together I hope it makes sense, you will sure know better than me.
Maybe you can do something with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom