Changes to Fundies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There will be changes (class size/length, procedures, etc.) to DIR-F which will be announced in January 2006. As a newbie/recent Fundies diver, I would like to hear what you guys think. Details can be found on Quest List. I have been advised not to post the changes (which are still tentative) here so as not to "cause confusion."

Vie:
I have been advised not to post the changes (which are still tentative) here so as not to "cause confusion."
I guess that kind've limits the discussion to those who spend time on the Quest list then ... doesn't it ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I guess that kind've limits the discussion to those who spend time on the Quest list then ... doesn't it ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sorry, Bob... I did post the "full" list of changes but was advised by some on SB that it was not a good idea, hence the edited post.

Feel free to close this thread if you feel that it is too "limited."

Ok now, I am not member of the Quest-list and I definately am interested in hearing about these changes (if not discussing about them too) since I am planning on taking Fundies come summer.

Don't tell me group sizes are going to be larger, same material is queezed into lesser days, price is anyway going up etc because now I'll be expecting the worst with this withhelding of information!

Everything will be confused with everything else anyway once the cat's out, so who is the tyrant telling you to keep your mouth shut?

Thanks for all the insta-PM's. Looks like I needen't worry too much. Most of the anticipated changes are for the better. What surprised me was the proposed instructor-to-student ratio (in water at least) change. If it's going to be 1:4 does this mean the 3-man team practice is out of the window? I so thought that was kind of GUE'ish. Or maybe some stuff somebody gets drilled alone for something (except that can't buddy up with instructor).

What PIIKKi says is true. I'm planning on take the DIRF class in February, and would really like to see what the changes are to the outline that GUE provides. This thread is nothing but a tease. More details please.

I am concerned about the change to the inflation hose policy...if both hoses are inside the bungee that can cause issues.

*sorry*, I just wanted to ***** about something miniscule.

Don't know if this is the same as what's posted on Quest, but HERE'S a link to a list of changes.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom