Changing LDS for checkout dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil_218

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I didn't find it while searching so...

A friend of mine completed the online portion of the PADI OW course. When beginning the course he was required to pick a LDS to complete the dive portion of the course. He has since moved four hours away and is closer to other LDS's than the one he selected in his course. Will he be able to go to another LDS to complete the dive portion or is he locked into using the dive shop he chose early on?

As always, your responses are appreciated.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I didn't find it while searching so...

A friend of mine completed the online portion of the PADI OW course. When beginning the course he was required to pick a LDS to complete the dive portion of the course. He has since moved four hours away and is closer to other LDS's than the one he selected in his course. Will he be able to go to another LDS to complete the dive portion or is he locked into using the dive shop he chose early on?

As always, your responses are appreciated.

With eLearning, even though he designated one dive store as his "elearning" store, he can still choose any store he wants for his water skills training. All he needs to do is download and print his completion form, contact any PADI store or instructor, and complete his water training.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Am I the only one amused by the fact that Phil answered Phil's question? :)

Phil, thanks for the answer; I'll pass it on.

Am I the only one amused by the fact that Phil answered Phil's question? :)

Sometimes, when there's a question, it takes someone to be able to PHIL in the gaps. :rofl3:

(I know, I know, my sense of humor is a little off. But that's what happens when you work by yourself most of the time.)

Back
Top Bottom