Charging extra for VIP??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread, here is a video from Sweden on how it's done over here in case anyone is interested :)
They show both the steps for vip and then the hydro
Price here in Sweden varies but I usually pay around 70 which is cheap, I've seen places closer to 100 per tank

Last edited:
"They had obviously not dried the tanks AFTER hydro."
A LDS should be able to say "You see that rust? That's why we don't use that cheap place, we use XYZPro Hydro instead." An incompetent hydro shop will still be a different problem to deal with. If the LDS (or you) can't find a competent dive shop...You have to question whether the hydro was done properly as well.

Incidentally, tanks with rust after the hydro? Did you call them out on it, and make them pay for tumbling and recleaning the tanks?

Last edited:
A LDS should be able to say "You see that rust? That's why we don't use that cheap place, we use XYZPro Hydro instead." An incompetent hydro shop will still be a different problem to deal with. If the LDS (or you) can't find a competent dive shop...You have to question whether the hydro was done properly as well.

Incidentally, tanks with rust after the hydro? Did you call them out on it, and make them pay for tumbling and recleaning the tanks?

I have never gotten a steel tank back from hydro without some flash rust. But as I O2-clean all my tanks, and I start that process by tumbling them, it's hard to care much. 30-60 minutes on the tumbler cleans them right up.

The hydro shop is a local gas supplier. I wouldn't want to call them incompetent. My guess is that for their purposes a little rust just doesn't matter. After all they fill some of theirs with pure O2. They do understand the need to prepressurize the Worthington tanks to avoid false failures and next time around I'll ask them to use more care in the drying stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom