Charging Salvo 12W LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yyidus

Registered
Reaction score
How are you supposed to recharge the battery?

Right now I'm unscrewing the LED head until it opens, and finding a connector there which charges the pack via the cable.

Somehow that feels like it's the 'wrong way'. Is there no connector on the actual canister? I seem unable to twist anything open on it. How would I use a seperate battery pack should I ever decide to get another one?

That's it. The canister is essentially sealed. There's a 2.6A power pack available that turns the 12W into a hand-held unit. It will be interesting to find out the cause of the early failures of the 12W(mine included), electronics inside the light head, or a failure of the battery-light head connection?

Spoke with Salvo today--they were electronics gremlins, no problems with the connection.

Good to know. So far my light has been working fine. I'm dreading the failure you mention...

It seems like electronics in general either fail very early on or last for a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom