Charlottesville diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cariss2709

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a recent transplant from Austin, so I'm looking for some dive buddies. I know that Fisherville is nearby and they've got some diving. But I can't seem to find any info on temp, thermocline that sort of stuff. If anybody is up for blowing bubbles, let me know, my gear will be making it into town in 2 weeks.

Check out Lake Rawlings, south of Richmond. Its better than Fishersville (IMHO) and worth the drive. Virginia Beach diving is pretty cool too - Check out lynnhaven divers and dive quarters. If you ever need a dive buddy in the mid-week (I work alot of weekends) drop me a line. My wife is pregnant so I don't have a buddy right now.

Cville here as well, feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to point you toward diving in this area. Welcome to the board, and welcome to VA!

How nice is Lake Rawlings? Its a 250 mile roundtrip drive so it seems kind of far to be going for a day trip... But I hope to make it down there some time, just used to diving once a week or every other week during the summer so looking for something that might involve more diving and less driving. :D

I don't know, but it takes me just over 2 hours each way to get to Rawlings & I make day trips whenever I go. I also have been known to make the 4 hour trip to Morehead, dive & drive home that night. Tough day, but the wife will not dive in Va. Beach, so I do what I have to so she will keep up on her diving.
I love Va. Beach diving so if you want to come down post here or PM me & I will try to hook up with you on the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom