Chart or map for Lake 16 nav course? Martin MI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tagerisatroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey I was wondering if anybody had a chart of the navigation course in Lake Sixteen near Martin Michigan. Me and my buddys keep wasting a ton of air trying to find the platform and buddy up to start out from, since the visbility is always near 0 at 15' and 30'. But is pretty good at relitively speaking at 40'+.

Anyway, I thought if anybody had a chart or map of the nav course they wouldn't mind sharing it would make it easier because we could just skip the platform and go right to the course then backtrack out to the platforms at the end of the dive.

Nothing more frustrating than surfacing and your buddys five feet away Grrr :p zero vis is a bear.

Well I do not have a map but I know every inch of that stupid lake. :)

The best way to find the platform is to swim straight out from the boat launch and just past the sand bar. Then descend to 12' and go left or south along the sand bar you will run into a yellow hose that goes from the sand bar to the platform.

From there you can take one of two circuits the big one has lots of old boats another small platform with toilet and a Chevy blazer. The smaller and shallower one has a snowmobile a boat some old pine trees and you can also see the Blazer.

Thanks :) So far i've seen the platform at 30' once and the platform at 15' twice and the fur tree's, And today I found the road sighn at 44' next to a bouye but couldn't find a course rope, or my buddy so i surfaced, and found him on the surface :).

jtivat is exactly correct on the easiest way to find the platform...

I'll look around, I know that I have a map someplace... but to get you started... once on the platform... go to the NW corner of the platform, there is a yellow line to the dive bell... go down the cables of the dive bell and there is a boat (and the speed limit sign)... off the stern of the boat will be a line that goes further into the loops...

It sounds like a bad game of mousetrap doesn't it? I'll look for my map of the course.

Yeah its a good lake to practice in but getting started is the hard part, my buddys had a good time, the first time we dove it but my ear went south, and they went on with out me :( I had to call the dive, and the second time well 2500 pounds of air up and down, we went, trying to find the platform and each other.

But if you could find the course map that would be great :), but aren't all nav courses like a game of mouse trap, swim 60' feet to the wheels then turn to 180 degree's swim 70' to the phone booth at a depth of 45 feet. you can't miss it LOL

I've been reluctant to post this, since it is not my map and I cannot vouch for its accuracy. It was emailed to me and I do not know the source. I believe it is from a southern Michigan dive shop. If I am violating a copyright, please let me know.

As always, dive at your own risk!

Thanks!

Thanks, this is basicly what I was looking for so we could have a start point to work from, didn't have to be exact :) thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom