Chartering to The Wexford This Weekend Sept25 & 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246:
What about running from Hamilton (how long would it take?). I"m from Kitchener and Oren's from Guelph.

It wouldnt make sense to run from Hamilton. It would be the same distance travelled by car to get there. It would be faster and cheaper on gas to drive there. The Humber route would have you crossing the lake instead of driving around it. You Kitchener/ Guelph boys are just gonna have to drive there!

The Tiller vis is better.....about 30 feet. Not as good as I thought but still better than 5 feet. About 2 kms east of the Tiller in 60 feet of water the vis is about 3 feet. Will post tomorrow regarding the Tiller via Humber trip. Im off to bed.

Hehe. Shoulda looked at the map before I asked. I sail lake Huron and Georgian Bay, really not as familiar with Lake Ontario. How long would the run be from Humber to the Tiller?

Groundhog246:
Hehe. Shoulda looked at the map before I asked. I sail lake Huron and Georgian Bay, really not as familiar with Lake Ontario. How long would the run be from Humber to the Tiller?

Lets go and we can time it together!

The Wexford trip was great! The weather forecast was bang on. It was a little rough in the morning (sunday) and calm by the late afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky! Vis was about 15 to 20 feet. The surface visibility was amazing so we were quite excited about potential for the vis on the wreck. Unfortunately the vis decreased as we ascended. I've been on the Wexford before with 60-70 feet vis! With a little luck, the vis will continue to get better. So lets go see.

I am going to head back to the Wexford on Sunday October 10. I will try for two charters again. Morning charter at 9:00am and afternoon charter at 1:30pm.

If interested, Call Sean at 416-844-6624

Lets hope for great weather!
Cheers,
Sean

Are they 2 tank trips? And how many divers per trip? Sounds odd that vis was worse at the bottom. What kind of water temps top and bottom? I'd think it's a little early for the surface to have cooled enough for an inversion.

Groundhog246:
Are they 2 tank trips? And how many divers per trip? Sounds odd that vis was worse at the bottom. What kind of water temps top and bottom? I'd think it's a little early for the surface to have cooled enough for an inversion.

46 on the bottom and 60-ish in the top 50.

Groundhog246:

Yes they are 2 tank dives and max. 6 divers. $60 pp
Yes it is odd that the vis was better at the surface. I got the same temperature on the bottom as Wayne A. This was on the 2nd trip out. The first trip in the morning gave me a bottom temp of 43f. Nieither temp is cold enough for an inversion.
October 10 is the next trip out.

Sean

Hey I thought some of you guys wanted an October running to the Wexford. Is October 10 no good for you? So far there is not enough interest to make the trip. If anyone is considering it then let me know.

Cheers

Can you update us as to whether your Wexford trip is running or not?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom