Cheap entry level wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zooooooop!

I recommend the Mares Puck. I think the only downside was that the USB cord was extra. It also has nitrox capability (not on your list but was on mine.)

I bought it for under $200 and find it easy to use. It has 2 conservative settings and 4 altitude settings from 0 to 12,139 ft. It can be set for metric or imperial. You can set it for salt or fresh water. It has a backlight. It stores about 40 hours of dive data in a log, each dive numbered from 1 (most recent dive) to some higher number for older dives. The log doesn't store dive profiles, i.e. it stores only max depth, total dive time, and lowest temperature. There is other data that gets stored for each dive.

In regards to the Puck, it most definitely DOES store the dive profile with collection getting stored at 20 second intervals.

I've got a mares nemo wide and it's spot on! Allows nitrox mix up to 40% has dive logs etc and has a large display for when viz is pants

Dont recommend the 2g. While some divers may have no problems, I know a lot who have had the buttons fall out and the software fried when the battery is changed. Doesn't make sense but it has happened a lot.

Just be aware that the Zoop does not have gauge mode. For this reason I would pay a little extra and buy a Vyper. Hopefully Suunto will correct this omission in the future. Their old entry level model (Gekko) had gauge mode and its a shame they left it out on the Zoop.
in case you were wondering: Gauge mode lets you use the computer as a bottom timer & depth gauge for tech dives, also for snorkeling.

In regards to the Puck, it most definitely DOES store the dive profile with collection getting stored at 20 second intervals.

I don't download the data to a PC. What I meant by "profile" was the ability to store and then display multiple depths and times for those depths for a particular dive on the DC itself (through the logbook menu). The logbook only shows maximum depth and total dive time among other data for that one particular dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom