Cheap place to stay on Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutbill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of a cheap place to stay on Key Largo for a couple of nights. The wife and I want to take a weekend trip from Naples and between gas prices and a place to stay it is getting a little pricy?

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

conch on inn mile marker 89

This place Bay Harbor can be very cheap, but it is NOT luxurious. My wife and I think it is perfect, however, because it has trees, shade, a small beach, recliners, free use of kayaks, a small pool and no asphalt. If all you are looking for is a clean bed and bathroom, check it out. We always stay there when diving Key Largo.

Anyone know of a cheap place to stay on Key Largo for a couple of nights. The wife and I want to take a weekend trip from Naples and between gas prices and a place to stay it is getting a little pricy?

My son and I spent a few nights at the Key Largo Inn, and found it quite adequate. It's an old motel (1950's I think), but it's been painted and renovated. Very basic, but we were there for the diving... wifi is free and rather speedy. We got a rate of $79/night when Key Largo Dive Center made the reservations for us.

If you can't find a place that is cheap enough in Key Largo: you can stay on the mainland in Florida City and drive the 20 mintues to Key Largo each morning to dive.

You'll also find that rates at each hotel vary significantly throughout the year. Tourist season tends to be expensive and non-tourist season can be much cheaper.

I've had good luck with the Bayside Inn Key Largo Hotels, Hotel in key largo, Bayside Inn Key Largo It definately is not the Ritz either: but has always been clean when I've stayed (its been a few years since I've been there)

You can also try VRBO (vacation rentals by owner): I saw a condo in Ocean Reef club for about $150 a night for late summer (not sure what the price would be now). Ocean reef Club is a very nice gated community on the north side of Key Largo: I've stayed there once and the facilities are top notch: I'd don't golf, but I understand the course is the nicest in the Keys.

Lastly, if you plan far enough ahead, you can always camp!! Florida State Parks rental price is $39 per night for a tent or camper site. The last couple of times I've gone to the Keys (without spouse), I've camped with buddies and had a great time.

Lastly, if you plan far enough ahead, you can always camp!! Florida State Parks rental price is $39 per night for a tent or camper site. The last couple of times I've gone to the Keys (without spouse), I've camped with buddies and had a great time.

Not hardly.. you need to go onto the online reservation system for the state parks.. good luck.. last time I checked Pennekamp and Bahia Honda the only two open they were booked a yr in advance.. I do believe there are private RV parks and campgrounds though.

Off season is late August/Sept to Christmas or there abouts.. It used to be May to Oct in KW.. Off season is usualy the hot, most active part of the hurricane season. :D

I usually stay at the Key West Inn. It is basic but has a BR, 2 Ba, LR, K, screen porch, and covered parking. As mentioned before, you can get a good rate thru some dive shops. I have never stayed at the Pelican but may do so in the future. I stayed at the Bayside Inn once and experienced some of the worst customer service ever from any business. You may want too check Trip Advisor. YMMV.Some unsolicited recommendations for restaurants - the Key Largo Tower of Pizza around mm 101 and Shipwrecks which is next to the Silent World and Captain Slates boats.Have a great trip.

Not hardly.. you need to go onto the online reservation system for the state parks.. good luck.. last time I checked Pennekamp and Bahia Honda the only two open they were booked a yr in advance.. I do believe there are private RV parks and campgrounds though.

Off season is late August/Sept to Christmas or there abouts.. It used to be May to Oct in KW.. Off season is usualy the hot, most active part of the hurricane season. :D

Curry Hammock is another state park (on Marathon). A buddy and I stayed there last fall and I am booked again into the park this fall. Last fall, I drove to Conch Republic each morning and it did not take terribly long, maybe 40 minutes. One does need to plan well in advance of any trip since the sites at all the state parks located in the Keys are all in high demand

One other option I just thought of is....... http://www.amoray.com/roomrates.html
I've never stayed there but a couple of friends indicated they had a good time

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom