Cheapest way to Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My girlfriend and I are borrowing my parents timeshare in the Bahamas and was wondering what the cheapest way to get to Nassau or Bimini was? I can get to Lauderdale or Miami by car. If we can't find a cheap option we are going to try for the Keys. Thanks!

KidK9:
My girlfriend and I are borrowing my parents timeshare in the Bahamas and was wondering what the cheapest way to get to Nassau or Bimini was? I can get to Lauderdale or Miami by car. If we can't find a cheap option we are going to try for the Keys. Thanks!

Where in the Bahamas is the timeshare? Some Islands are little more remote than others. E.g.: there are 700 Islands in the Bahamas, only 29 of which are actually inhabited.

There are usually some pretty cheap airfares out of Ft. Lauderdale to New Providence (Nassau). Check online.

Bonne chance,

I seem to remember that there was a relatively inexpensive ferry boat that goes there, either from Ft Laud or Miami.

If you are going to Grand Bahama (Freeport) the cheapest way is the Fast Cat or Discovery Cruise Line, both around $129 RT + taxes
Nassau or Bimini you fly, I think you can do $160 +taxes but that was awhile ago. The Out Islands cost more.

Well the TS is located out of Las Vegas, but we're gonna put our request in for Bahamas.

I took this over last time I went. Much better than sitting on a small cramped plane.

http://www.ferrybahamas.com/

Marc

FYI:

Bahamas Florida Express Public Announcement
May 14, 2004

Bahamas Florida Express (BFE) regrets to inform its customers and friends that its high-speed ferry service between Grand Bahama Island and Fort Lauderdale has been temporarily suspended.

This suspension is due in part to the fact that the vessel chosen to replace The Cat became unavailable for service during the summer season. BFE is currently in negotiations to procure a suitable replacement vessel and anticipates a prompt resumption of services.

Additionally, BFE and the Government of The Bahamas are working together to come to an agreement on servicing the Port of Nassau, at Prince George Wharf. Immediately following the granting of approval from the Ministry of Transport, BFE will resume service to Freeport and initiate a new service to Nassau. Should approval for the use of Prince George Dock not be forthcoming, BFE will be forced to reconsider its position on both routes.

We wish to thank our customers for their loyalty and to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the circumstances, and look forward to reinstating our first class, high-speed ferry service linking The Bahamas and the United States.

Check out aa.com. I'm always getting netsaaver fares to Freeport and Nassau for as low as 109.00. If that doesn't work, try bahamasair.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom