Check out some stuff!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy folks!

Scuba West has a special event going on over at Hudson Grotto this weekend, so if you are looking for something to do, swing by and check out the action! I'll be there, diving the more "shallow" area of the Grotto! :D

Here's the scoop:

Dive Rite Demo Day This Saturday, August 23, 2008 10am - 4pm

Join the Scuba West Staff and Steve Straatsma from Dive Rite to test dive some of the latest gear from Dive Rite!

Steve will have TransPacs, Nomads, backplates and all kinds of wings available to test out.

Prize drawings will be held throughout the day. A picnic lunch will be served from noon until 2pm. Entry is $15.00 for divers and non-divers are free. Be one of the first ten people to arrive and enter free!

I was there for the 40th anniversary bash, and had a great time with Jeff and the other folks from Scuba West. If you'd like more details, just shoot me a message!

Todd

Hmmm, I'm afraid if I go I'll end up buying things that I shouldn't really be buying! :money:

I suffer the same issues whenever I wonder into the shop!

I think Jeff's doing a great job with the re-model of Scuba West. I spoke with him at length the other day, and the direction he is going will definately make his shop unique. If you haven't been there, he has a nice thing going with his training. The store, outside pool, and Hudson Grotto across the street make it a fun spot for courses.

I've invited three people (one was my daughter, does that count?) to go through the "Discover Diving" class, and it was awesome. Kyle did a sweet job! All three plan on getting certified, taking advantage of the PADI E-learning program, and doing their pool work and dives over a weekend.

Todd

Just a fast update on the Dive Rite day!

Though the day looked ominous, the rain held off for most of the day and there was a nice turn-out. There were two classes running, a OW and AOW, so they had the benefit of checking out the Dive Rite gear!

I was unaware, that Dive Rite is focused more on techincal divers. So, it was cool to see the specialty equipment they produce! If you missed it, please keep this event in mind for the future!

The rep told me he had 15 or so divers try the gear out in Hudson Grotto, so it was a worthwhile day.

At the end of the event, Scuba West did a give-away of shirts, hats, and some water bottles while Dive Rite gave away fins, a 3 gauge consule (with gages of course), and some other nice things.

A fun day!

Todd

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom