Check this out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that stuff for commercial diving?

i'm gonna hold out and SNIPE this bad boy!

Isn't that for cleaning the drain at the bottom of the reactor cooling tank?
Eric

It would take a braver man than me to get in the water with that gear on.
:no

Now, who would be brace enough to try this at 300m while getting out of a sub? LOL! Crazy!
Looks cool as hell though....

Did you look at the sellers other items? How about that poster? "How To" Underwater ordinance removal. They have the illustrated instructions on a poster. Is that to refresh your memory on the way in the water? Or is it a begginers guide?

Carl

I wonder if this was meant to allow submariners to escape from damaged subs at up to 300 meters...or to convince submariners that they could escape from damaged subs at up to 300 meters...

I'd love to hear the story from someone who used one, even if just in training.

Henryville:
I wonder if this was meant to allow submariners to escape from damaged subs at up to 300 meters...or to convince submariners that they could escape from damaged subs at up to 300 meters...

I'd love to hear the story from someone who used one, even if just in training.

I am thinking that it is dang cold at 300 meters and hypothermia would get you.

Or DCS would get you. Heck, it is just 15-20 minutes to surface from that depth at 1 foot per second. It has got to be at least 5 minutes if you are swimming as hard as you can, and the suit lacks fins. Not being a tech diver, I do not know what kind of deco obligation you have from that depth, but from 300 meters, you would hopefully be bent so hard that you are already unconscious when you surface.

But O2 tox would probably get you first in that suit. Does the average submariner know what pp O2 to start at and to adjust it during the entire ascent so as not to become hypoxic?

I bet there are a bunch of dead Russian sailors wearing these things on the bottom of the ocean...

Any of you tech guys feel like working out the dive plan for leaving a Russia sub at 900 meters and surfacing safely, using any currently available civilian tech gear (rebreathers, gas mixtures, etc)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom