Checking your own tank valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you invested in dive whistles or those "dive alert" devices (or something similar) since then? Just curious.

Yes...My wife had a bright yellow sausage deployed (mine, unfortunately was attached to another BC of mine I wasn't wearing (I forgot to switch it over)). She also had a whistle she was blowing...But it still failed to get the attention of the guy who was "watching" out for us on the boat. I think it was me shouting how much of an unresponsive "a-hole" he was that finally got his attention. :)

I tend to do more technical dives and rely on my surface support in terms of looking out for me if I need help (thus my signal stuff still being on my other gear).

Lesson to be learned. For gear/signals stuff you use cross cold water/warm water...don't forget to switch it out between dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom