"Cheeseburger in Paradise" - the Roatan origin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No matter where he was when he came up with the song..
A cheeseburger and a pina colada sounds SOOOOOO good now you have no idea. :winky:

Doesn't the pina colada deaden the taste of the cheeseburger? I thought beer was what brought out the flavor.
Of course if you've been eating nothing but fish for ten days, almost anything else would be considered delicious.

archman:
Doesn't the pina colada deaden the taste of the cheeseburger? I thought beer was what brought out the flavor.
Of course if you've been eating nothing but fish for ten days, almost anything else would be considered delicious.

Back BB (Before Buffet), we used the lemon to wipe off the top of the Salva Vida (or Port Royal) beers to "disinfect" them. The sanitation of the exterior of the bottle was at best-always suspect. :007:

Then you would toss the lemon away.:flush:

Now AB (Anno Buffet) we have these damned ParrotHeads (the generic term, not our so named fellow ScubaBoard Denizen), wiping the rim of the bottle/can- then jeepers creepers- they shove the lemon inside the container. Icky bad- I don't think post-bottling transport sanitation has improved much since BB.

Still give me the willies.:jump:

I don't know if it is still there or not, but about eight years ago there was a great burger joint on Maui called "Cheeseburger in Paradise." It was a very nice place on the ocean that played Buffet all afternoon long. It was not long after that when I heard of Margaritaville. I had been at meetings that provided the usuall bland chicken or fish and when I made it to CIP, it was great. Beer was cold too.

dnhill

Now AB (Anno Buffet) we have these damned ParrotHeads (the generic term, not our so named fellow ScubaBoard Denizen), wiping the rim of the bottle/can- then jeepers creepers- they shove the lemon inside the container. Icky bad- I don't think post-bottling transport sanitation has improved much since BB.
[/QUOTE]

Hey I represent that remark :eyecrazy: :laughing:, I don't drink beer with lemon yuk, and I just wipe the top off with my t-shirt sleeve.

When we first started going to Cozumel back in the 70's we drank Corona beer :beer: it was the cheapest beer on the island. Now it's a designer beer, go figure. It was as nasty tasting then as it is now. I might add it's all a matter of personal taste. :D

da Parrothead

Yes, "Cheeseburger in Paradise" on Maui is still there. So is the one on St. Barts. Lord knows how many there are all over the world.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I wonder if "cheeseburger in paradise" is trademarked by Buffet. I know that "margaritaville" most definitely is. Places trying to use that name without Buffet's consent receive legal papers real fast.

archman:
I wonder if "cheeseburger in paradise" is trademarked by Buffet. I know that "margaritaville" most definitely is. Places trying to use that name without Buffet's consent receive legal papers real fast.

Archman you are correct. Just the other day in the local Austin paper some guy, I forget where, had to change the name of his resturant from CIP to Buns n Beef in Paradise. Buffetts lawyers told him to change it or else.

Ruby's
Harbor Island, Bahamas
Ruby's is a little spot just beyond the cemetery and library on Harbour Island. Her burgers remind me of the ones my grandmother used to make with onions and breadcrumbs in the meat, and then there is that drop-dead Bahama bread they are served on.

If any of you ever make it down there definately walk over to Ma Rubys for a few of these.After 3 1/2 yrs living there I`d rather have one of her bergers than lobster !

DocVikingo:
Yes, "Cheeseburger in Paradise" on Maui is still there. So is the one on St. Barts. Lord knows how many there are all over the world.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Yep, there is a CIP in Blowing Rock in Western NC; up in the mountains. It is very good, but I have never heard a JB song there and see no reference to him there anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom